Topic: EASTER Brickfilming Contest 2013

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff416/PritchardStudios/EASTER2013logo2_zpsc6b32cb6.png

Hello! And welcome to the long-awaited announcement thread for EASTER 2013.

RULES:]

1. You entry MUST be Easter related in some way. Although it doesn't need to be religious.
2. Running time, including credits and title screens, must not exceed 20 seconds.
3. The film must be primarily stop-motion animation using LEGO or lego-like products, but may feature other kinds of animation as long as the stop-motion is the main focus.
4. Copyrighted material is allowed, but you must credit the material.
5. The film may not contain any explicit content. If you're in doubt, ask yourself if it could be safely viewed by all of the members of the site.
6. Only one entry is allowed per member.
7. Your film must include either the above graphic, or the credit: "Made for EASTER 2013" at some point.
8. All entries will be judged by a panel of the following members:
Legogod
Danimation
BertL
Myself (Pritchard Studios)

SUBMISSION:]

You may submit your film by either e-mail or PM.

While you may make your film public before the deadline, I ask for participants to refrain from watching any other entries until after they have submitted theirs.

PRIZES:]

Sorry guys, there won't be any prizes this year. I am not in a position to provide any, so the fun and bragging rights will have to suffice. But the enjoyment of participating is really what it's all about anyway...Right? mini/eh

DEADLINE:]

Because of the late announcement of this thread, the contest will run midnight April 1st. (Please add a few minutes.)
I meant to get this up a few days ago, and I'm terribly sorry.

RESULTS:]

The results will be announced via live chat, Saturday, April 6th, 2013, at 2PM Central Standard Time.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:]

If you have any questions, PM or e-mail me at the above links. (Preferably e-mail)

And if there's something I did wrong, or left out, feel free to tell me...Nicely.
It's my first time to host anything semi-official like this, and I'm doing all I can to avoid mistakes.
And here we go!

ENTRY LIST:]

Here is the EASTER 2013 playlist.
And here is the complete list of the entries:

Mickey- Orange Soda Easter Eggs
Tobias- A Space Egg
LASF- Egg Hunt
AnimationCreation- Lego Easter 2013 Entry
Ziemek17- Bunny troll in LEGO
Thefourmonkeys- LEGO Star Wars - Easter 2013
Osomstudios- Easter Eggs  
Shutterpoint- Lego Easter Short - 2013    
BrickfilmsFromHell-  E.B.
Just Kidden- EGGS 2
Crazy Ed- Easter Chicks

The list has already been sent to the judges, and you will be receiving a short review on your film from myself shorty.
But my view may or may not reflect that of the other judges, so don't be expecting anything based on that.
Thanks for participating!

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (April 5, 2013 (05:23pm))

Re: EASTER Brickfilming Contest 2013

Man, I've been waiting for days for you to make this thread! (I saw the heading picture on Photobucket...) mini/cat

I really hope I can enter, though that is a pretty close deadline. But I should be able to make it if I prioritize it.

Well, I'll enter.
And I will be better than my failure of last year.

Thank you for hosting this Pritchard! I will possibly enter.

Maybe. Just maybe. Hopefully my entry won't suck this year.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

At last! The long awaited contest! Must enter this again!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

2. Running time, including credits and title screens, must not exceed 20 seconds.

Well, I cannot enter. I have a great idea for something, but it won't work.

For almost a year now, YouTube's been derping every short video I upload.  It has to be about a minute long or my audio gets completely messed up.

I think I'll have time this week to make something.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Squid wrote:

For almost a year now, YouTube's been derping every short video I upload.  It has to be about a minute long or my audio gets completely messed up.

Have you considered Vimeo/Daily Motion/Any other video sharing site?
And have you considered uploading a 20 second video with a forty second black screen afterward?
That seemed to work on that one thing you sent me before, and I think as long as that's silent and blank, we could let it though. You'll just have to be really careful not to let the entry portion pass twenty seconds. mini/wink

Pritchard Studios wrote:
Squid wrote:

Have you considered Vimeo/Daily Motion/Any other video sharing site?
And have you considered uploading a 20 second video with a forty second black screen afterward?
That seemed to work on that one thing you sent me before, and I think as long as that's silent and blank, we could let it though. You'll just have to be really careful not to let the entry portion pass twenty seconds. mini/wink

I'm not entirely sure about that, though.
If I uploaded something like that people would probably keep commenting "why is there all that blackness? lol" And some people would probably watch the entire black segment expecting there to be some sort of Easter egg (haha, especially since it's an Easter video), and then get disappointed that all it is is some awkward blank segment.

My computer is very, very bad at playing videos on Vimeo, and I don't think that many people would see it on another site.

Perhaps I could make a minute long film and you guys just judge it upon the first 20 seconds and it could have several really short random Easter skits.

Or you could give the judges the version with the blackness, and then do something else for the public version.
If the stop-motion video part is over 20 seconds, it will be disqualified, so if you were to do a few short Easter skits, you could only submit as many as would fit in that time frame. Remember, you can submit one thing, and clean it up/extend it for the public release.

Squid, are you sure it's YouTube? I would think it's more likely whatever your rendering setting is or what type of encoding you're using. Though you used to be able to upload videos that were less than a minute. Have you tried rendering and uploading different file types? Try an MP4 and a WAV perhas.

Repelling Spider wrote:

Squid, are you sure it's YouTube? I would think it's more likely whatever your rendering setting is or what type of encoding you're using. Though you used to be able to upload videos that were less than a minute. Have you tried rendering and uploading different file types? Try an MP4 and a WAV perhaps.

There's nothing wrong with the files when played on my computer.

The render settings I currently use are the only settings which I have found to work properly in getting the right video.
Other renders I've tried mess up the frame rate or give it a bad quality.

The really odd thing is that I've uploaded really short things without a problem with the exact same render settings, for example: Charlie Grows Hair Dramatically.
I uploaded that without error.
But sometime after that, every attempt at uploading a short video has resulted in failure.  I'm quite perplexed.  I've even tried uploading from different accounts and different computers and even re-rendering the files.

So it must be shorter than 20 seconds.  Well, I think I may have an idea..........

This looks interesting, I think I might join in. It's been nearly two years since I've made a Lego Animation, hopefully I'm not rusty mini/smile
Oh and, anyone who's been on the site for a few years, remember me?

Entering.

GAHHH I WANNA ENTER! Iv'e just got too much school work mini/sad

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Im entering this!

http://i60.tinypic.com/1ieqoh.png

Squid wrote:
Repelling Spider wrote:

Squid, are you sure it's YouTube? I would think it's more likely whatever your rendering setting is or what type of encoding you're using. Though you used to be able to upload videos that were less than a minute. Have you tried rendering and uploading different file types? Try an MP4 and a WAV perhaps.

There's nothing wrong with the files when played on my computer.

The render settings I currently use are the only settings which I have found to work properly in getting the right video.
Other renders I've tried mess up the frame rate or give it a bad quality.

The really odd thing is that I've uploaded really short things without a problem with the exact same render settings, for example: Charlie Grows Hair Dramatically.
I uploaded that without error.
But sometime after that, every attempt at uploading a short video has resulted in failure.  I'm quite perplexed.  I've even tried uploading from different accounts and different computers and even re-rendering the files.

Hmm that is odd. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the software? Perhaps the codecs got messed up somehow and a re-install would fix things.

I think I'll try to throw together an entry over the Good Friday weekend (I don't have school on that day mini/smile ).

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?