Topic: Unread Markers Aren't Going Away!

Usually, when I read a topic then hit the forums tab, the topic(s) I read are marked as read.
However, when I did that today, the unread markers didn't change! Even doing "Mark forum as read" doesn't fix it!
The only way to make the markers disappear is to not be active on the site for about 15(?) minutes and come back/click on something.

I wonder if not going on this site for two days had anything to do with it.

EDIT: Now it marks my own topic (this one) as unread! It never did that before.

Last edited by minifig051 (March 14, 2013 (03:55pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Re: Unread Markers Aren't Going Away!

They're working fine for me. Perhaps it could be a caching issue in your browser? I confess I don't really know by what mechanism this feature works.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I have the same thing occasionally. Refreshing usualy works, and if nothing works try hitting the 'mark all as read' button.

EDIT: Do you have your browser's cookies/cache on? If you don't then that's the reason.

Keesret wrote:

I have the same thing occasionally. Refreshing usualy works, and if nothing works try hitting the 'mark all as read' button.

EDIT: Do you have your browser's cookies/cache on? If you don't then that's the reason.

Neither of those work! Not even the "Mark as read" buttons!

I don't know. How do I find out?
(One of the programs I downloaded recently must've done something to my browser; I found my homepage changed after I downloaded some programs a few days ago. It could've changed the cookies thing too, but this thing didn't start happening until yesterday.)

It's... fixed!
I don't know how, but it's fixed!!