Re: THAC X: Results!

Tobias wrote:

...it takes you to Mickey's entry instead of the spreadsheet.

Well, at least it'll get me a few more views mini/devil

35th place. Hmm, not as bad as I thought. I'm upset that many great entries placed lower than that, however. But, congrats to everyone (yes, even you, Pri Sac mini/tongue).

Last edited by Mickey (December 30, 2013 (09:26pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Man, if my entry had had better sound, I'm sure I would've placed a bit higher. Well, there's always next year. mini/smile

Pritchard Studios wrote:

13th!
What a coincidence, last year I landed 26th, and this is half that.

Max Butcher ( THAC 8 ) wrote:

And obviously I'm very pleased that I came 10th. So technically, I came in the Top 10 - which was my joke target (as I came in the Top 20 last year, and I joked that next year I will be in the Top 10)

Deja vu.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

well i suck , 59th place

I really failed this time! mini/lol

Well, that was a great contest. Glad to see it wrapped up so nicely! Thanks for running it so nicely Hazzat!

As for the results, while not perfect, I have to say that I'm quite fine with them. I'm pleased to have gotten tenth place on my first THAC. I'm sort of surprised given that my film was sort of... I don't know... weird? I guess...

I suppose that is what I get for being overexcited and going with the first idea that popped into my head five minutes after I read the theme...

Anyway, good job everyone, liked a lot of the films, and can't wait for next year.

Congratulations to all the winners and to Hazzat for a well-organized contest.  This is my favorite contest on BIM.  I watched every film, and there were quite a few that I really enjoyed! mini/bigsmile   

I do think that having only one judge write the comments on the top films is not a very good idea.  Some of the comments (imo) were rather harsh and, based on the spreadsheet of the scores, did not reflect the opinion of the other two judges.  I feel badly for Leonardo812 and Builderbrothers, especially, as they were rated quite high by the other two judges.  Having negative comments posted on the front page by the judge who kept them from scoring higher (in BB's case - from winning!) is rather like rubbing salt in the wound (even though I'm sure it was not the intention of Bertl to do so). 

Just something to keep in mind for next year.

24th place, not bad considering this was my first THAC  mini/bigsmile. Congrats to all the winners and to everyone that entered. This was really fun and hope to do it again next year

Man, what a contest! Just curious, but what is the record amount of entries for a THAC? The Skype call was a blast (it was fun conversing with y'all). Finally congrats to the winners! The results sure were different then I expected (looking at the communities reactions on the film before the results). Here's to another year!

29th! This was my first THAC, so I'd consider that a pretty good placing! Thank you Hazzat, Cheshire and BertL for coordinating it! I had a blast doing this! Can't wait till THAC Xl!

Here is the THACumentary of my film STEAM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxlCKCjxX4

Congratulations to everyone,

and a particular thank you! to the organizers! This year we made 19th place with a very experimental approach. I was really curious how this attempt would turn out and how it is liked. I think the comments are exactly on point, more time would have made the entire thing much better, and trying to do what we did within THAC was definitely on the insane side of life - but that is THAC anyways.

We had our fun, and we definitely will try to expand on this idea. Youtube seams to be somewhat the wrong medium. Maybe we do our own HTML5, processing, or FLASH game engine for another attempt at this.

Thank you everyone,
Cheers Arend

hey everybody i checked out the Facebook page for bricksinmotion and it only had 7 likes so like the page!

I'm glad I get the very last place since was my 2nd Brick Film.

nltwm wrote:

I'm glad I get the very last place since was my 2nd Brick Film.

You didn't get dead last. Plus, it was only you're second brickfilm as you said. One thing I did notice from your film was that it's extremely blurry. You should probably get a new camera.

Look out Guys, THAC 11 is coming our way, and a new challenger has entered the competition

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Wow, that was some super topic bump. Maybe this post would be better suited on the THAC 12 post...

Last edited by rioforce (December 21, 2014 (05:24pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

MotionHero2001 wrote:

Look out Guys, THAC 11 is coming our way, and a new challenger has entered the competition

Great. Except, you kinda missed THAC 11. On the bright side, THAC 12 is in a few weeks. That'd be a great opportunity to show the brickfilming community what you've got.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

My bad lol.   mini/lol

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test