Topic: How to avoid camera bump?

How can I avoid camera bumps without a remote?
I use the Olympus Stylus 7010 camera, and this type of camera doesn't have a remote!
I don't know if Olympus remotes will work for this one, so, is there any other way to avoid camera bumps?
Also, move to another forum if this does not belong here.

Last edited by Troodon (February 2, 2013 (10:23am))

Re: How to avoid camera bump?

If you use a frame capture program; onionskinning.

Build a sturdy camera cage, regardless of wether you use a frame capture program or not.
It's better than using a tripod as far as sturdiness goes, though you can use a tripod if you're really careful.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

If you absolutely cannot take frames remotely, it's a good idea to activate the timer on your camera.

You just have to be careful, that's really all I have.  Having a really heavy camera also helps quite a bit, since they don't easily move.

Yeah I would say for me having remote capture is essential, I really don't like having to touch the camera as it will move ever so slightly every time. Obviously apart from when doing camera movements mini/smile which then you won't notice so much because of the movement.

The greatest of these is Love ... Love never fails.

Tape may be your friend... I've tried (with my webcam) building a LEGO cage, using tac or clay, along with using a tripod... However, the cage only works if you can put the camera on the same baseplate... Thus shots were too close. And for tripod, it put the camera too far away from my animation... So, I'd secure the edges of the webcam down with tape, which nearly eliminates the "bump" when I accidentally touch the camera in the wrong way...

So, it all depends on your situation, however, cage/clay/tape and a remote capture program will nearly eliminate this, as well as lighting flicker... And, onionskin will TOTALLY eliminate this problem, ESPECIALLY if used with a cage/tripod/tape... mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I used to use a camera that could not work with my frame-capture program... And I just had to be careful, lol... Though, if you intend to eventually "cut" the video in widescreen, film a little "pulled out" but still in focus, so in GIMP or even MS Paint, you can rotate the pictures slightly or (In GIMP) with the fade feature, see each new picture over the last, to use a type of onionskin in editing... It's how I made many of my first films, which never seemed to have as much bump or lighting flickers as some of my more recent tests...

Just like with animation, there is no one set way... Depending on your needs, you may need to edit/invent a walk cycle... and problems like this are just the same. mini/smile However, if you do find a better solution, POST IT!!! No need to leave the other brickfilmers in the dark.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Alright, so, here is a remote for Olympus cameras:
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Remote-Co … B00005105N
I can't get it right now, so it comes later. Right now, I will build a camera case, and post pictures tomorrow.