Topic: Redo-ing a scene

So I've been working on a time consuming shot in my film where I have to animate about 10 mini figures and cars all by myself. The very first time I filmed the shot, it didn't turn out long enough. The second attempt, I was at a really good pace, until about 2 hours into filming the shot, my mom said I had to go somewhere. I turned off my lights as carefully as I could so when I got back, there would be no light change in the next frame. Then disaster struck, I got back, and one of my lamps had been mysteriously moved. I saw that, and I got so mad that I lost all of my hard work. I couldn't use what I had animated, because it wasn't long enough, so now I have to do it again!

Main Question: Is it really worth it if it takes 3-4 attempts to get the scene just right?

Re: Redo-ing a scene

If you really want the film to look like you picture it, you should redo the scenes till they are how you picture them. You should put your best into the film.

YES.
Keep redoing it until you're satisfied with your work.

Also, here's a tip: always finish your shots before you stop animating for a long period of time (more than 15 minutes).
Know when you have to stop (going someplace, going to bed), then estimate how long your shot is going to take (allow at least a half an hour for a shot shorter than 10 seconds and at least an hour for any shot longer than 10 seconds or for very complex shots).This way, you make sure you have time to animate the entire shot before stopping.
I learned this the hard way when animating Bricks: Episode 1. Either a lamp gets moved, or the webcam won't pick up the light the same exact way as before.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Yes, reanimate it. You shouldn't publish a film unless you're 100% satisfied with it.

I've learned this the hard way, there have been times where I want to reanimate something but I was too lazy to, and then that one spot sticks out like a sore thumb every time I watch the whole film.

try, try again.

if you want some thing to look good, you got to put a lot of work into it. mini/smile

no more brickfilming *sad face*.