Topic: Bricklink order bought 3 weeks ago, no response, no mail? worry?

I ordered from bricklink 3 weeks ago a few minifigs, the guy I bought it from is from the Netherlands, now he only responded once to me and that was about the payment and his email were to pay to, he said to me it was a letter with a stamp so it could not be traced, however,
I ordered also the same time and received a base plate from another person from the Netherlands last week.

Is this normal for people? I'm from Australia, but if anyone has ordered from another state, or country can you let me know how it went for you?

Kind Regards, Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Re: Bricklink order bought 3 weeks ago, no response, no mail? worry?

*sigh* Every other day it's another question from the curious General.

Sounds like you've been scammed but before you react, best to check the Bricklink Help center.  The one on THEIR site, not BiM's site.  THEIR site.  In fact, if you're going to ask questions about the inner workings of another site, ask the members on that site, not on an unrelated site.  It's like asking how to tie a bow tie on a gaming site.  Unrelated.

And my advice from now on is if you're doing anything that has to do with money and purchasing items over the Internet, consult with your parents first.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Coming from a fellow Australian, there's been occasions where I've waited over a month for shipping from another corner of the globe.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I've been using Bricklink recently. I bought about 20 dollars from a very very sketchy seller.  Since then I looked at this list.  I got my Lego bricks from him, but the whole process was a bit risky.  Go to that website the sites are very good and they are user trusted.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Hey Lechnology ha ha mini/lol  your a funny guy, I do apologize for asking questions, and its nice to see a post from you, it would be a shame if I got scammed, I hope I didn't, and I'll defiantly look into the help center, however as for asking bricklink themselves, how can I ask sellers or buyers what they think of others? It'd be biased and uncalled as people would claim they don't scam, Here its a community based forum which is anti biased and is for the sole purpose of lego and animating, that is the reason I asked, and I thought on the bricks section it's anything related to bricks?
Oh and Lech, Lol I don't live with my parents man, I got my own unit, I'm young and full of joy for lego and just full of questions, and I think BiM is an awesome place to ask them, but I do apologize if I offended you at all, and if I did, I did not mean to intentionally.

Hey Sean thanks for your reply mate, wow a month, I mean I have done research around and apparently from Netherlands to Australia takes 5-8 days to ship, the seller claims my letter went through customs.. and thats the extra wait, But I think just to be safe, I'll look into the file center as Lechnology suggested just for the sole purpose of being safe and better late than never.

Hey Binding brick thanks for the link and thanks for your reply its good to know I'm not alone, I'll check it out,
cheers bud!

Kind regards, Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

For what it's worth, I HIGHLY recommend buying from Zoe over at Brickscope, if she has what you're after. Best service I've ever received on Bricklink and she's super friendly. There's been occasions where I receive orders from her within the week (which is pretty amazing from an overseas seller!).

Tell her Sean sent you.

I'm sure there's non-seller/buyer members like administrators you can ask.  They do have a public forum and you could always present your question in a generic way, such as asking how to handle a situation like yours, without mentioning the seller/buyer.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Hey Sean thanks for your reply! And sorry for the late message, your a legend mate your link was very helpful and a ordered a WHOLE bunch of things from zoe, Really appreciate your help mate, also to rest your mind at peace, I told her you sent me, gave you a good word mini/lol Thanks again bud.

Hey Lechnology I do appreciate your concern and help however the forum is quite remote, anyhow I did do what you suggested tho, as you did suspect him being a scammer as I did, I have reported the seller, and will see what happens from there.
Also the thing is Lech, I wish it was that easy, I have done it a couple times, told the sellers to keep in contact with me and asking them how long the process will take, most of the time not being accurate, However I ordered now from a trusted seller as Sean stated, and I trust his opinion and ordered a bunch of things, also ordered from one binding brick suggested, so thanks binding brick as well!

And thanks again for your reply Lechnology its always appreciated to hear an admins though.
Cheers mate.

And thanks a lot guys!

Kind regards, Generalned

As a general rule of thumb, check the feedback scores of sellers before ordering from them. If you're unsure, try to stick to sellers not only with positive feedback, but lots of it.

And yep, Zoe is pretty fantastic. The free insurance on every order she ships gives some nice peace of mind.

Last edited by Sean (January 22, 2013 (02:28am))

Hey Sean, yea you have a good point, I'll keep that in mind in future, and yer the free insurance is a MAJOR peace of mind, phew. Thanks again matey!

Kind regards, Generalned

Well it is from Netherlands so I'm pretty sure their letters and packages are always checked extra carefully mini/lol

P.S. I'd recommend buying from only top bricklink sellers OR from sites like FireStarToys.com that way you know you're not gonna get scammed.

Hi Larry, sorry for the late reply, the thing is Netherlands, and do you mean their checked more by customs or themselves?

Also the reason as I was saying with the Netherlands is, they seem to have everything I need and for a decent price, I tried with Australia and they don't seem to have a bigger enough selection for what I need to be honest.

I was having trouble getting on the Audio section of the forum and I just wanted to say thanks for the update.

Kind regards, Generalned

Generalned wrote:

Hi Larry, sorry for the late reply, the thing is Netherlands, and do you mean their checked more by customs or themselves?

I think he means that the Netherlands has a relaxed attitude towards soft drugs. I used to work there, and my luggage was regularly searched on visits back to England...By the end of my contract, I knew most of the sniffer dogs by name.

@jahnocli

Ohhh ok I understand thanks for your helpful insight, that may explain the delay on a few Netherlands orders, cheers mate!

Thanks for your reply .

Kind regards, Generalned