Re: Need help with sony vegas and AE Important!

Ohh ok! Thanks for your reply, holdingourown, and if you were saying your conifident I'll improve thanks for that!

And this can be done on any frame right not just the last? That's what I was hoping to find out! Haha, I'm actually going to be animating right now in about 10 minutes, so yea haha hope I get it this time!

Thanks for your help and everyone elses, hopefully I'll get the hang of you and the others tips, I'm always motivated to keep trying even if I fail a few times, so I should get it.

Generalned

EDIT:I just was using sony vegas, firstly thanks Pritchard and holdingourown for the tip, I did the short cut way, and it works great, however I'm still having one trouble despite the fact, I'm starting a new project on multimedia at 15FPS, each frame is still playing by default at around 5-10 seconds each am I missing something or can someone tell me how they set theirs up with some instructions if possible?

I'm going to try it on AE, but I'm more familiar with SV so if anyone can reply back it'd be much appreciated.

Kind regards, Generalned.

Last edited by Generalned (January 14, 2013 (09:14pm))

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

I PMed you a link to a video that explains what I described in my previous post. Hopefully it'll help you better understand what I'm trying to say.

Go to the OPTIONS menu and under EDITING, you can set the number of frames for an inserted still.  I have mine set to 2.  You enter the length in seconds and a frame conversion appears to the right.  .07 is 2 frames, which works great when animating at 15 fps and the project is set to 29.97 or 30 fps.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Thank you mousedroid, for that exceptional link very helpful
indeed! Also thank you holdingourown for your reply and helpful tip, I actually am going to hopefully be editing today, sorry for the late reply guys I only had 10 minutes yesterday so I didn't really get a chance to reply to you's, and I been very busy so I haven't been able to try this method yet, but hopefully I'll get the chance later today.

Kind regards, Generalned

Last edited by Generalned (January 16, 2013 (05:28pm))

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

@Holdingourown, I tried what you and pritchard said, and I am quite confused I am currently on SV right now and can't seem to get it, so what I did was try what Pritchard said, cause like I said you still haven't explained what you mean by the last frame, sigh, so what I did was copy the whole video, on SV, then cut it, then I repaste it, scroll my mouse to zoom in on the file select a frame then click S? then I extend the frame which works, however it does not actually extend it when it plays.. So if I'm trying to extend a single frame it just plays the whole film, or the part I apparently pressed S on, so confused would really appreciate an answer..

I figured it out! mini/lol theres was actually more steps that you guys forgot to add in, its all ok though cause what you said helped anyhow! I'm currently editing the film right now, once its done I'll show it to you guys! remember tho I haven't had much practice with this sort of production, so I hope it turns out ok.

Kind regards, Generalned

Last edited by Generalned (January 16, 2013 (07:11pm))

Sorry.  When I'm talking about Vegas studio on these forums, always remember that I never have the program with me at the time.  I am recalling the instructions best to my memory, but many of the tasks are done subconsciously after doing them so many times, and my dumb conscious mind has to try to remember the specifics.

BTW, is this the film I wrote the script for, or another film?

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Hey holdingourown never knew you replied to this mini/eek  anyhow it was for a test scene as you may know by now.

Kind regards, Generalned