Topic: Muzzle Flash Help

Hi! I need major help on muzzle flashes for my upcoming film. Couple of questions: Should I use pre-keyed stock footage? Or should I just edit the images one by one? I think editing each image one by one would be a lot easier.
I really need some feedback and tips for doing this.

Thanks!

Re: Muzzle Flash Help

Not sure what you mean by pre-keyed stock footage, unless you're talking about the ones with the black backgrounds. It all depends on your taste and your personal preference. As for me, I like to just use an image. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

1011Ev wrote:

Not sure what you mean by pre-keyed stock footage, unless you're talking about the ones with the black backgrounds. It all depends on your taste and your personal preference. As for me, I like to just use an image. mini/smile

Ok, but how do I put the muzzle flash in the right place for every frame?

What program(s) are you using? A muzzle flare doesn't need to last all that long. Usually 1 frame will do it if you're using 15 fps.

"Of The Pond Films"

1011Ev wrote:

What program(s) are you using? A muzzle flare doesn't need to last all that long. Usually 1 frame will do it if you're using 15 fps.

I use an image editor called Acorn. It's a mac program. And also, what if I want to do like machine gun fire?

I'm not too familiar with Acorn, but I'm assuming it's a pretty basic image editor. You should be able to just drag and drop in an image of a muzzle flash and move it around until it's where you want it to be.

GHB Productions wrote:

what if I want to do like machine gun fire?

Just put in a couple muzzle flashes with 1 or 2 frames in between them.

Pretty much what Mouse said. You may have to select by color (look for a tool) to remove a black or colored background. If you have trouble you could always get someone to do it for you.

"Of The Pond Films"