Topic: Better image quality?

Could you get better image quality by capturing frames with the biggest possible resolution, then using Photoshop or some other image editor scale it down to 640 x 480 and render it? Or would it even affect anything?

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

Re: Better image quality?

You certainly could but their are much easier ways of resizing the image.  If I were you I wouldn't do each individual frame in photoshop, render your animation then create a new composition in some sort of film editor then just make the size 640X480.  then you can resize the every frame at once.  What film editor do you use?

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

What film editor do you use?

Well I just stick to basic freeware I usually use Wax 2.0 though when I don't have to use Photoshop elements 9. Thanks this will really come in handy since I use a webcam.

Last edited by Blue Phoenix (December 26, 2012 (08:29pm))

BISCUIT!

This feels like one of those questions where I think the answer is simple, only to find that I was totally wrong. Still, I'll give it a shot.

I'm going to say the quality would be no better than if you shot at 640x480 initially with the same camera. Since you're compressing to a smaller size, any gain in detail from the larger image will be lost. It may not look identical to the 640x480 shot depending on how you do the resize and the type of compression, but I don't believe the quality would be any better in the end. That said, why don't you try it out for yourself? It'd probably only take a few minutes for a single picture, and you might learn some Photoshop.

Thanks! I certainly will.

BISCUIT!

Why can't you just film, edit and render in a higher res? mini/confused

I could except for the fact that I have to go and over think everything, seriously its like a disease. Thanks.

Last edited by Blue Phoenix (December 26, 2012 (08:32pm))

BISCUIT!