Topic: Video Compression in Sony Vegas.

Hi
I've got a film that is 1.30hrs shot in 1080 and I have edited it in Sony Vegas. I've rendered it once and it came out at 176GB !

Trying again now with advice from a YouTube tutorial, but the render process is estimated at 7hrs ! Even with my considerably powerful PC.

This must have been an issue some of you guys have come across before. So what is the best method / settings to chose to render a 1.30hrs film down to the smallest size possible to fit onto a DVD I want to burn.

Obviously this film is not intended for YT or the internet. It is purely for burning to DVD. So I need to render 176GB down to approx 4GB.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Re: Video Compression in Sony Vegas.

What file format are you rendering with? mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Well I rendered the video in Sony Vegas using settings in a YT tutorial. It got the file size down to 5.6 GB but still too big for a DVD burn.

Then I find a recommendation on YT for a program called Handbrake. So I ran the already compressed video through Handbrake, (legit free software at www.handbrake.fr) and within 40 mins it had compressed it down to 2.8 GB in size and with hardly any loss in quality. I'm a very happy bunny :-)

Oh great mini/smile I've used hand brake before for compressing some films for my iPod, I'd reccommend it too.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Not often you get a free peice of software this good.