Topic: Computer vs. Non-Computer

I have a question. Is it likely that you will get less flicker by hooking your cam up to the computer? So therefore there will be more flicker with cams that aren't hooked up to the computer. I think the first question is true, because when you take a frame on the computer, it just takes the picture. Compared to the non-computer cam where when you take the picture, it applies all the extra stuff.  (settings)

So is there a difference?

Re: Computer vs. Non-Computer

Well, I used to use a digital camera, a PowerShot SD1300 IS. And sometimes, I would, without knowing, change the settings from Auto to Program between frames. I would get lots of light flicker, so I asked for a webcam for my birthday...and I got it.

Now that I use the Logitech, I seldom get light flicker in my films. I have to hook up the webcam to my computer to take pictures. I think you should do that. What computer are you using to type this? And if you can, ask your parents if they have a folding table that you can borrow to film your videos. Transfer your set from your room and put it on the folding table next to the computer. Then, take your pictures on the webcam there.

Is that a good idea? mini/wink

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Well, I could get a firewire cord for the video cam I use currently. I ordered the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 for mac.(I have a mac.) But the settings couldn't be changed to manual, so I sent it back.

The other problem with hooking my cam up to the computer, is that my brother uses it, and I have computer time limits.
I'm using a mac to type this.

Actually you can connect a digital camera to the computer too, and use it as a webcam.

Yeah, I know that.:yes:

As far as light filcker goes, I don't think it makes a difference if you have a camera that's connected to a computer or not.
The settings are the only thing that keeps lighting consistent camerawise. Some cameras have more manual settings than others.

There are some advantages to having the camera connected to a computer; such as using onionskinning (in some frame capture programs) to fix bumps and the frames being directly stored to the computer (skips the extra step of having to transfer all the frames from the camera to the computer).

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.