Topic: Lego Store?

We don't have the real offical Lego Stores here in Sweden, ofcourse we have toy stores but I can imagine that it's not really the same thing. Me and my brother are planning to go to Denmark for a two day trip and visit The Lego Store there. (The closest one)

My question is, is it worth a visit? Is it a magical place where you can find any piece of lego you want? mini/wink  Or is it better to order some lego from the internet?

Re: Lego Store?

Not worth the trip.

Just order from http://www.bricklink.com or something. Lego stores have PaB (Pick-a-Brick) but it is WAY overpriced.

Yeah the LEGO store is nice, but it's not worth an entirely separate trip there. As LASF mentioned, if you want a specific brick, particularly in bulk, Bricklink is the place to go.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Okay, thank you for your opinions. I'll think we will skip it, specially if its so expensive. I think I will do the shopping on Bricklink instead.

The Lego store in Billund, Denmark, is pretty cool, but you'll have to pay for the trip AND Legoland tickets. The store itself is pretty expensive too, and the selection is not as big as many people think. Just order from bricklink or lego.com, that's more wallet-friendly. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

As far as buying specific bricks, the LEGO store isn't very good, you get a much better selection on the internet. That being said, I always go when I'm near one. mini/smile

Yeah, there's something to be said for the experience as well. It's a neat things to see so many LEGO sets all in one place, as well as the various LEGO-built decorations and exclusive sets. As long as it's not too out of your way, I'd make time to go.

We are still thinking about it, it would be cool just to visit a store for once and the Pick a brick wall seemed very interesting.

I've been in a legostore in Washington. Looked pretty neat and all. Especially all those exclusive sets that you only find at stores or on the lego.com. I bought the Town Centre there.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Yes the PaB online is expensive, but in my opinion the PaB wall is a good deal. A whole big cup of Lego for $16.  If you want something in bulk I think it is the way to go. Plus what Tom said: they have exclusive sets...

At my Lego store, they will sometimes let you tape down the top of the PaB cup if it's overflowing. mini/tongue

I've had to do that every time mini/bigsmile