Topic: The actual process with the quickcam 9000

I have had the camera for about a year now (logitech quickcampro 9000) and i can't seem to find a working method of the filming process.

I need program where i can actually edit the settings with my quickcam and being able to use 15fps and save it as a video. But i can't seem to find anything. I tried monkeyjam for this but it seemed to crash with how high the images i took were. I don't plan to spend money so what should i use?

Re: The actual process with the quickcam 9000

Animator DV Simple+ or Helium Frog would probably do the trick. Both are free; download them and see if they suit your fancy.

Sorry for the late reply but I looked into animator DV and the free version has watermark restrictions which bother me half dead. Helium Frog Seems like something i should look at. But is their anything else for actually capturing the frames and allowing me to use my quickcam settings?

Actually, Animator DV Simple+ doesn't have watermarks- you might have been looking at the demo version of Animator HD, which is a different program.

Most of the other free frame-capture software I'm familiar with is buggier than MonkeyJam and less functional.

The problem i had with monkey jam is that it seems to have issues when i try to use high quality pictures.

I had the same problem on monkeyjam, as soon as I captured an image above 800x600 Monkey jam crashed on my Quickcam Pro 9000, I have now switched to helium frog which doesn't have this problem!

I'm not really sure if you should use Helium Frog or not. A really nice feature of it is that is has instant playback and automatic saving but it also seems to crash as if it's favourite hobby. I originally made another entry for Smoovie (not the one with Hal) and halfway through filming i lost 500 frames of the film, which i couldn't find (as Helium Frog saves in video files not individual pictures if i recall) and had to re-shoot them. It may have just been my old computer as I haven't tried it on my new one but the risks just seem to be not worth taking.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I've only got helium frog recently so haven't experienced any problems with it yet, my only question is how can I do masking with it because when I used monkeyjam it was easy as you could see the frames and import them back in but on helium frog it seems theres isn't this option.