Topic: The Void

I thought I'd post a thread for my current project, The Void.

The Void Still 01

The Void is a blank universe, thought up by the mind of The Creator. It holds all the thoughts, and creations of The Creator. When a man mistakenly stumbles into The Void he must fight for his life while trying escape the perils unleashed by The Creator's mind.

Technical Details
Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Or alternative 16:9)
Video Editor: Corel Video Studio ProX3
Image Editor: GIMP 2.8
Special Effects: ParticleIllusions 3.0

Cast
Director: Gus Marshall
Producer: TriArc Studios
Writer: Gus Marshall
Music: Trevor Peyton

Tweet this!

Last edited by lego838 (July 10, 2012 (08:48am))

I don't often come up with something i'm genuinely pleased with, if it's arrogant to be proud of your work and want to tell others about it then this world is messed up. - Gareth Pugh

Re: The Void

Seems similar to a few things I've seen. So I am looking forward to how your film ends up.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Here are some more stills:

The Void Still 02

The Void Still 03

The Void Still 04

The Void Still 05

I don't often come up with something i'm genuinely pleased with, if it's arrogant to be proud of your work and want to tell others about it then this world is messed up. - Gareth Pugh

Hmm, while I like the shots, the signs look really sloppy. You might want to try printing them out or at least cutting/writing them a bit more neatly.

Interesting stuff, I had a film idea like this only it never came to fruition... I'm interested in seeing the final product.
Question: is the 'Creator' the protagonist shown in the pictures or another third party not yet shown?

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

"The Creator" has not yet been shown. I kinda wanted to make the signs look like somebody wrote them.

Here's some behind the scene pictures I took. Let's see what I can film today...
Who really cares?

GAY

Oh, my apologies. I was thinking the frames belonged to a different film in pre-production. I can see how the hand-written look would be appropriate here.

More stills from last night's take.

lego838

lego838

Some behind the scenes images from the last couple of days:

I hate the alt attribute

So do I

Please don't double-post. Just use the EDIT button in the corner.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Noted.

It's actually not a big deal in this instance. There was a week between posts and he had legitimate content to add.

Wow, this looks pretty cool mini/wink
I love these sort of films, a friend of mine made something along the same sort of lines (The animation's not amazing, but its a pretty cool concept)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCUNUMJ … ature=plcp

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Wow. That is similar to this. At least, as far as confusing doors go. mini/bigsmile