Topic: Don't mess with the wizard- brickfilm

I'm currently working on a brickfilm called "Don't mess with a wizard". It's for Edcostudios animation contest. I would appreciate tips and feedback. Also, this is my first topic and pretty much any activity on BIM sooo... I'm a n00b.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Re: Don't mess with the wizard- brickfilm

Let me be the first to say welcome to Bricks in Motion!
I'd say that the best thing you can do right now is to give us some more information about the film. That way we are able to critique the concept and give you some advice!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Don't mess with a wizard

I just want to say that I'm not very good at stories.

The wizard,unnamed, wakes up to find his best wand missing. He runs to the street and sees (unsure about spelling) the thief. He goes back to get his second best wand. It cuts to the robber walking (yes, walking) with the wand. He rounds the corner when, BOOM the wizard appears. The wizard chases teh thief all around. aaaaaaaaannd that's it so far.

Also what is up with brickfilmers and my little pony?

any help is welcome!:)

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I can answer that.

Well, many of us brickfilmers here like animated cartoons (in many cases it's what gets us interested in animation to start with).  Just about anyone who likes cartoons would like My Little Pony (I'm talking about the current MLP TV show; My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) because it's a really good and funny cartoon.  It's different than what most people who haven't seen the show expect it to be; it's more like other cartoons out there.

ANYWAY...

Hmm.  That story doesn't really have much to it.
I think what would really help is having the wizard look everywhere for his wand before discovering the robber has it.  That would fill in the missing Rising Action.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Legocloniac477 wrote:

While minifig051's reply is brilliant, there's an even simpler answer; Friendship is everywhere.

Back on topic, the story sounds nice so far, though there's room for improvement. For example, you don't get to know how the thief actually stole the wand. Try to incorporate that somehow, maybe let the thief have a flashback or start the movie with a scene where the thief steals the wand.

Also, you should name the wizard Tim mini/wink