Topic: 15 FPS.

How do you animate at 15FPS?

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Re: 15 FPS.

What animation software do you use?

lunears wrote:

How do you animate at 15FPS?

do you mean how do you set the framerate to 15fps or how do you do the actual animation?

Windows Movie Maker, or Corel Videostudio Pro x4. (I don't use a webcam.)

lunears wrote:

(I don't use a webcam.)

What do you use then?

Canon Powershot S5 IS.

lunears wrote:

Windows Movie Maker, or Corel Videostudio Pro x4. (I don't use a webcam.)

using Window movie maker you can't get to 15 fps (As far as I know)take a look here to find some free software made for stop motion animation mini/wink

I wanted to know how I should move the minifigures for 15FPS. I use 8FPS.
EDIT: I searched how to animate a brickfilm at 15FPS and didn't find anything.

Last edited by lunears (December 28, 2011 (10:12am))

Experiment with 15 fps for a bit. Analyze brickfilms done at 15 fps (most are). Eventually you'll get a feel for it.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

For actually animating at 15 fps, you just move the minifig in smaller increments.  But not equally, you have to continually make the increments larger until you get to the middle of the movement, then you make the increments continually smaller.  That's called easing in and out.  Tutorial.

To compile the frames (pictures) and make it play at 15 fps, you should get a capture program.  You can either use a webcam or import the pictures from your camera.  There are free capture programs like Helium Frog, or paid ones like Stop Motion Pro.  I use Stop Motion Pro, and it's great.  Don't use Movie Maker at all, it's terrible.  A better free editor is Lightworks.  Reading the user guides helps to learn how to use it.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

In windows live movie maker just go up to where you set the speed of the pictures and put 0.065 or something like that.

Don't use windows movie maker for a start.

mini/smile

Hi guys i kind of have the same question,

I'm using a Webcam Logitech C920, i got a Logitech microphone, Sony Vegas Pro 8, Helium Frog, Monkey Jam, Cool Edit 2000.

Look i got all these software as i used to do movie editing mainly cropping and similar basic things, now what i want to know especially for the Lego walking cycle is it important to do 15 frames for just the movement to get that 1 second?

Or what would you recommend i am very inspired in making Lego videos, I am willing to put all my effort in and i am very patient, also what software out of what i got would i have to use to set the frame rate at 15FPS? for talking for your legos when they talk do you have to move the head non stop with the hands?

What i mean is for example if i moved the hand slowly up and then slowly down and that made 30 frames after not copying tho slowly numerously moving to get that 2 seconds of audio is that correct or am i somehow wrong?

Any help is HONESTLY very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Generalned.

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Generalned wrote:

I'm using a Webcam Logitech C920, i got a Logitech microphone, Sony Vegas Pro 8, Helium Frog, Monkey Jam, Cool Edit 2000.

Look i got all these software as i used to do movie editing mainly cropping and similar basic things, now what i want to know especially for the Lego walking cycle is it important to do 15 frames for just the movement to get that 1 second?

Or what would you recommend i am very inspired in making Lego videos, I am willing to put all my effort in and i am very patient, also what software out of what i got would i have to use to set the frame rate at 15FPS? for talking for your legos when they talk do you have to move the head non stop with the hands?

What i mean is for example if i moved the hand slowly up and then slowly down and that made 30 frames after not copying tho slowly numerously moving to get that 2 seconds of audio is that correct or am i somehow wrong?

Thanks in advance

Generalned.

I'm a little confused by your post but if I got it right you would use Monkeyjam to set everything to 15 fps. With the head and hands both moving, it just depends. As for the part with the hand moving and 30 fps, the answer is yes.

Mr.Rundown101 wrote:
Generalned wrote:

Thanks in advance

Generalned.

I'm a little confused by your post but if I got it right you would use Monkeyjam to set everything to 15 fps. With the head and hands both moving, it just depends. As for the part with the hand moving and 30 fps, the answer is yes.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your reply, just one more question if you dont mind, for hand and head moving is it a good idea to copy it now and then on an editing software such as sony vegas?

Thanks in advance.
Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

Generalned wrote:
Mr.Rundown101 wrote:
Generalned wrote:

Thanks in advance

Generalned.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your reply, just one more question if you dont mind, for hand and head moving is it a good idea to copy it now and then on an editing software such as sony vegas?

Thanks in advance.
Generalned

Again, I'm slightly confused but you should compile the frames in Monkeyjam, export that, then put that into Sony Vegas. Also, remember, there is no exact science to brickfilming. It's mostly trial and error.

Putting the pictures straight into Sony Vegas works well too. You just have to change the "still image" time to the number you want. I havent tried it myself yet, I have seen someone else do it (like mnmtwinz for example), so I dont know the exact time for 15 fps. I guess you could divide a second on 15, and see what you get, but you could just try and experiment with the numbers!
I didn't actually understand what you meant with "..for hand and head moving is it a good idea to copy it now and then on an editing software such as sony vegas?.."

-FBS
EDIT: Pictures straight into Sony Vegas also lets you change the duration of each picture, say you want a picture to show for a longer time. Before I would just take more pictures into the software so it would show up over a longer time period. In Sony Vegas you can just adjust the time as you want, taking away the light flicker (if it is any) that might have been in the pictures I would take. I like this method the best, but thats just me.

Last edited by Mjolnir (June 30, 2012 (10:34am))

I need a new name! HELP

@Mr.Rundown101 Man i am so sorry but thank you for the reply!

FuryBrosStudios wrote:

Putting the pictures straight into Sony Vegas works well too. You just have to change the "still image" time to the number you want. I havent tried it myself yet, I have seen someone else do it (like mnmtwinz for example), so I dont know the exact time for 15 fps. I guess you could divide a second on 15, and see what you get, but you could just try and experiment with the numbers!
I didn't actually understand what you meant with "..for hand and head moving is it a good idea to copy it now and then on an editing software such as sony vegas?.."

-FBS
EDIT: Pictures straight into Sony Vegas also lets you change the duration of each picture, say you want a picture to show for a longer time. Before I would just take more pictures into the software so it would show up over a longer time period. In Sony Vegas you can just adjust the time as you want, taking away the light flicker (if it is any) that might have been in the pictures I would take. I like this method the best, but thats just me.

Thank you very much for the long reply i am understanding much better now, i love the fact slowly and slowly i learn a bit more from nice people i just have one more thing, i have alot of yellow/white and blue blocks and i am using a grey base plate a big one i just dont know what i can use that color for i wish i had grey mini/sad  is there any way to make the blocks grey? Or change the color? And no i dont really like the option of black and white.

Thanks In advance

Generalned

If you have the money  you should buy some cheap pieces from bricklink.
I need some grey torsos for some Skyrim hold guards.
And instead of buying them, I am thinking of painting them.
I dont know if spray paint or paint is best, but if you have some
extra bricks you could try to paint them grey mini/smile
There are probably some ways to change the color in post, but I dont know...

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP

There is a way to change the color.....But mostly in high-end After Effects like programs.*
And don't try painting the torsos, not only does it look really bad unless professionally done, but plain grey torsos are pretty cheap. I never recommend painting Lego, most of the time you can get the part in the desired color relatively cheaply from BL, and if not, do you really have to have it that way? If it's something that you'll need over and over (Like grey bricks) there's not reason not to buy some.

*I do know that Smeagol changed the color of blue bricks to grey in his "Bane of the Sith," and this is how he did it:

Of course I don't have enough black or gray for such a set, so I built it using blue bricks and desaturated the blue in post-production- this was accomplished in Axogon Composer by created a desaturated version of the shot, then keying out the blue in the original shot to reveal the desaturated layer. I used the technique similarly in "Clone Trooper Down," where I filmed the desert scenes with yellow bricks and washed them out to a sand color in post. In the case of the mine, I didn't completely remove the blue hue because I wanted it to have a bit of a blue-black, obisidian-like sheen.