Topic: How can I give my sets a cool style?

I find lego brick sets very monotonous, and when I make one I find it very hard to give it a certain style. For instance, I have NEVER seen a set in a brickfilm with a rustic style. Have anyone got any ideas on how I can make my sets cooler and more stylish?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Re: How can I give my sets a cool style?

I my mind, it all has to do with the colors of the set, the lighting, and the camera work. If you use flat lighting, and flat camera work, any set will look drab and boring. For a rustic style though, you can't go wrong with a mix of browns, black, and grays.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Thanks for the tip. mini/smile
The only problem is that in most lego sets, there are very few brown and grey bricks. Do you know where to get them for a good price?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Bricklink, or if you have a LEGO store nearby, there should be a pick a brick wall there.

Use the smaller, more "quirky" pieces, like archways, lamp-posts as small collumns, and things like that. You wan't to add perspective and details. Instead of making a flat grey wall, maybe make a brown trim at the bottom, make some windows with archways, and window-pieces behind it. Things like that, you could even print out a picture and hang it on the wall.

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.

Draw inspiration from real architecture! If you pay attention to the varieties of buildings then you will not have a shortage of ideas.