Re: Community Project - "Boom De Ah Dah"

It doesn't involve any composing, just performing the tune. I'll synch the voices to the music afterwards (unless whoever's making the music wants to edit in the voices, in which case they can). Stan did already record one version which sounded slow and beautiful and lovely, but brickfilmers aren't very good singers (sorry) so the tender music combined with the rather brash singing voices didn't really work...

topitmunkeydog wrote:

everypony

*giggle*

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Well, if we have enough time, it would be cool to have an original track for the video, but if all else fails, we might just us the original songs instrumental.

I've have been experimenting with Mixcraft lately, but I am not at the level yet were I could compose an actual song.
mini/sad

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Keshen dose a lovely rendition of a song about Robert downy jr

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.

We could set up a big skype call and all sing it together... mini/cat

The quality would be terrible but it might sound more melodic or something like that (i have no idea).

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

The quality would be terrible but it might sound more melodic or something like that (i have no idea).

But we still have to deal with the time-zones, so yah...

That would be fun! I'd love to hear the result!

Just Kidden wrote:

The problem with that is telecommunications cause a slight delay, which isn't really optimal.

Though, it is nice for rounds. mini/smile

If my help is desired, I'd be happy to assist. I actually have a good singing voice (as my friends say), and I've even played a lead in a musical before.

No, it's not the singing needs to be re-recorded, it's the backing track. As fun as a group Skype singalong would be, I don't think Skype handles calls that big. And that's leaving out the problematic prospect of getting all ~40 participants to be online at the same time...

Just sent mine in, Haz!

Last edited by Sonjira (February 12, 2012 (02:16pm))

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Someone could make the music with Minecraft noteblocks. mini/tongue

Or you could have someone doing vocalized music.  You know, like saying "nah" and stuff like that to the music.  That would fit in with the "brash" singing voices.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Good news everyone!

Seeing as no one in the brickfilming community was able to make the music, I've had to outsource to other online communities. As a result, Edd from AcousticBrony has agreed to make it for us! I've sent him the voice clips so he knows sort of style to aim for (heavier rather than softer). I'll keep you posted.

This project just got 20% cooler.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Sean wrote:

This project just got 20% cooler.

^this^ mini/delirium

Yesh!

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here and apologize for making this take so long.  I've been swamped with school and design projects, and have had a hard time making time for this -- thus the reason for me backing down with the music.  All Hazzat is waiting for me to do now is a bit of animation for the end, which is almost done.  (It's animated, and halfway edited)
Again, I'm really sorry for making this take so long

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Oh man, going to be awesome.

Can't waait

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Oh, btw, for anyone wondering, the song is in the key of C, and the chords are just C, Am, F, and G over and over

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I might be able to record a song - I play the guitar, and I could easily learn it on the piano and maybe harmonica. mini/tongue

I think a simple musical background of a guitar strumming might work out with the vocals. You could try...