Re: Resignation

The whole causing the schism then leaving thing does have some validity, but in general this website will probably end up being better than what the new Brickfilms 3.0 is. Additionally, I remember some people saying when the whole fiasco first occurred that sooner or later somebody was going to split from Brickfilms anyway (with its imminent decline into anarchy,) so we could just as easily be in this situation with someone else. Schlaeps being the former admin of Brickfilms does throw a wrench into it, but either way the actions were somewhat justified.

Another point to consider here: I have noticed since I very first joined Brickfilms three years ago today, in fact, that people come and go in cycles. I would say 80% or more of the members active on here and Brickfilms (or both) are ones that were not there when I first joined. Conversely, about the same number that were active then have since disappeared. It goes to show that people in general don't last at places like this: even admins. This "cycle" may have come at an inopportune time for Schlaeps with the controversy arising from his actions regarding the two sites and his construction of this one, but what I'm trying to say is that it is only natural. Schlaeps has been around about as long as I have, I believe, and I too have had my fair share of brickfilming, and my activity with the site seems to be unfortunately on the wane.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions, Schlaeps. At least we have this site to come to as an alternative instead of nothing.

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

I'm very happy for Sméagol that he'll get us back on track and that a smooth transition has come about, though I feel really bad for you Schlaeps, that you couldn't have finished your goal to create a spectacular site for just a small hobby community; I want to thank you for all the labor that has been already completed.

Good luck and all. mini/smile

Last edited by VN (February 27, 2009 (05:04pm))

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Schlaeps, we will miss you. mini/sad Don't leave forever, come back after you graduate, at least for a visit.

Sméagol, congratulations on your new post! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Gospelnut (February 27, 2009 (05:05pm))

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will still be the official owner, right? Welcome, Smeagol, for this is the first time I have been happy with a change in website administration. Schleaps should still have admin powers, like RevMen did when he handed Administration on BF over to Schleaps. But yeah, nice to have an admin who can et things done!

http://dragcave.net/image/tO1M.gif

I guess technically speaking I'll still be the owner in that I own the server BiM resides on, but if you guys decide to move to a different host or anything like that I'm not going to put up a fuss.

:::: !important is the Jedi mind trick of CSS ::::

I hope that you keep coming back here Schlaeps.

This is the single greatest thing to happen to this site in a while. GO SMEAGOL.

this website will probably end up being better than what the new Brickfilms 3.0 is.

That shouldn't be too hard ...

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Thanks for all you've done Schlaeps. Welcome, Smeagol! mini/smile

Well, thank you far all you done for us Schlaeps.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

Let's go to work.

-Donsalvatore

PS Schleaps, thanks for everything.

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Thank you Schlaeps, I wish you well with College.

_2014

Schlaeps... I don't even know you. Think I know how old you are, but the number of messages from you I ever read on both BF and BiM can be count with my two hands fingers. I know you worked hard on this site, think it's a good thing to have left BF and created a new community, but the fact you were more and more unable, for some reasons (and I don't blame you), to lead this community, was being easier to feel. Thanks a lot for having been the one to act to create a better place to be, for having built this site, and for taking the decision to let someone else take your place. I think Smeagol is a good choice, even if I don't know him much more than you....

So, be blessed in ther rest of your life, and... well. OK. it's just great.:)

http://imgs.imagup.com/member5/1242510318_banniere_clicclac.png

Goodbye Schlaeps. I don't really know what else to say, I am just happy something will finally happen to this place.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Thanks for the work on this site Schlaeps mini/smile. We'll miss you mini/sad.

Welcome Sméagol mini/bigsmile !

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

mini/sad

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

In the words of Sharad Hett, "Blessed be your going out from us."

If this is what you feel is best, then goodbye Schlaeps. You have done an exceptional job on BricksInMotion.
Also, I believe Smeagol was the best choice to take over. I have great faith in you! You have been so nice to me since I started Brickfilming, as you have to everyone (I'm sure).

Goodbye Schlaeps, and good luck!

Last edited by jampot (February 28, 2009 (04:43am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I'll miss you Schlaeps,thank you for everything you've done mini/smile

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

I'll miss you Schlaeps! Thanks for everything you've done, you have put a lot of time and effort into the community. With a great guy like Sméagol as our new admin, BiM will have a bright future! mini/smile

NO! NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!1!!1!

please visit us whenever your in the neighborhood.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Psh, that was fast.

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob