Topic: iMovie Sound Help

Hi. I am trying to make a video with iMovie because that is the only editing software I have on my Mac that works. I've been looking for sound effects, but I can't find anything that suits what I need. How do I import my own sound effects onto iMovie? Also, how do I import a music file into iMovie? Do I need to use iTunes in order to import music?

Re: iMovie Sound Help

I haven't used iMovie, but I've used a better Mac editing software; Final Cut Pro (on a school computer).  Well, all editing softwares have similar features.   "Import" usually covers every kind of file; video and audio alike.  So you would import sound files the same way you would import video files.  Sound effects and music are both audio.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

I haven't used iMovie, but I've used a better Mac editing software; Final Cut Pro (on a school computer).  Well, all editing softwares have similar features.   "Import" usually covers every kind of file; video and audio alike.  So you would import sound files the same way you would import video files.  Sound effects and music are both audio.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other editing programs or money to buy them. My problem with iMovie is that the only import options are for videos. It shows a selection of sound effects that were part of iMovie, but I can't figure out how to place new sound effects there. Thanks for your suggestion though.:)

You have to record your sound effects through GarageBand, then export the Sfx to iTunes. Then open up iMovie, go to the audio toolbar, then just drag the sound effects onto your footage.

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

Flashkit.com

That was I use.
Make sure to download as a WAV though, that's what iMovie recognizes.