Re: To throw away your work

randomparrot wrote:

I like finishing my projects, you get a feeling of accomplishment.

Although I've not the greatest experiences in brickfilms, this happens to me sometimes, too. I threw away some footage of a test which I had done to test out different lighting. Originally, I wanted to make a little short-film out of it, with a nice little ending I had thought of.
But I never released anything about it - I even didn't render the images to a film.
The lighting was ok, I actually like how it came out. But for several reasons, I did not keep going with this project.
First of all, because I had no time for this. But somehow I just didn't feel like it anymore.
I passed over to other projects.

I also threw away some ideas I had for films.
Mainly, because there were just undoable (do you say that?) for me.

So, in case your interested, here's a still of aforesaid project:
http://img2.abload.de/img/lighting_thug070kopiegq8l.jpg

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

Thanks all for your views. I guess I was hoping for an easy way out, and instead I got encouragement to finish it. mini/smile

krakovibrick man wrote:
jimmybob wrote:

Whao. If you spend $40 000 on a movie, you'd think that you'd finish it.

I have countless horror movies that I wafted away because they were unoriginal. Usually I get sick of ideas.

-Jimmybob

Well, what about the next part of your film: "No Such Thing as a Vampire". Your voice actors, Sparks Flying, Si116, Darkman, and crisscross are very disapointed that their characters didn't make it all (crisscross must be the most disapointed one of the cast because in part 1, Dr. Michel Verers didn't make an onscreen aperance yet but will in part 2). How much longer will part 2 be compleated?

I'm glad you're interested in seeing the second part; but the truth is that there will be no part two. mini/sad

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

SparkTurner wrote:

Thanks all for your views. I guess I was hoping for an easy way out, and instead I got encouragement to finish it. mini/smile

Finish it! The worst mistake I made when making The Caped Crusader was giving up just before the end.

Actually, forget what I said.

Last edited by jampot (February 28, 2009 (04:37am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jimmybob wrote:
krakovibrick man wrote:
jimmybob wrote:

Whao. If you spend $40 000 on a movie, you'd think that you'd finish it.

I have countless horror movies that I wafted away because they were unoriginal. Usually I get sick of ideas.

-Jimmybob

Well, what about the next part of your film: "No Such Thing as a Vampire". Your voice actors, Sparks Flying, Si116, Darkman, and crisscross are very disapointed that their characters didn't make it all (crisscross must be the most disapointed one of the cast because in part 1, Dr. Michel Verers didn't make an onscreen aperance yet but will in part 2). How much longer will part 2 be compleated?

I'm glad you're interested in seeing the second part; but the truth is that there will be no part two. mini/sad

-Jimmybob

What? But you said it would make more sense if part 2 comes out. Does this also means the whole movie except part 1 is scrapped? What is the true story plot of it all?

I scrap animation and shelf scripts all the time.

Same here.
I wrote a 17-page script to a totally epic zombie comedy, but I don't think I'll ever end up making it. mini/sad It was too much like Shawn Of The Dead, anyway.

Last edited by Danimation (February 27, 2009 (07:18pm))