Topic: Submitting a Film

I  just wanted to know how long does it usually take for a film to be review by the web staff so it can be viewed on the site.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Re: Submitting a Film

Brickcrazy wrote:

I  just wanted to know how long does it usually take for a film to be review by the web staff so it can be viewed on the site.

I asked this question a while back, the answer, nobody has an exact time.

Also, this should go in the Updates & Feedback section.

-LASF

A long time at the moment. There's a significant backlog of films waiting to be reviewed.

Reviews by the review panel have stopped completely. In other words, your film will never be reviewed.

Why? The review panel was failing. There were too many films and the reviewers didn't have enough time to review them all. It worked back on Brickfilms.com when there were less films being released, but now there's at least one new film per day. A lot of the films are pretty mediocre too, so the reviewers tired over deciding whether a film's animation should be rated a 4 or a 5. It got so out of hand (there are currently over 800 in the queue) that Sméagol has decided to give up on the review panel completely (and by that I mean they've been told to stop reviewing).

So what now? The plan is to let every submitted brickfilm into the directory, and extra-special films will be highlighted by a blog on the front page. The masses won't get formal reviews, only the ones featured on the blog.

And when? When the site's new layout is finished. There's no saying when that'll be, it's been worked on by a small number of users who don't have a lot of spare time and are doing it completely for free. It's been in the works on for a long time already and I'm not part of the development so I can't give you any insight about how much has been done.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

...so I shouldn't continue my blitz-reviews over the holiday break?

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Hazzat wrote:

Reviews by the review panel have stopped completely. In other words, your film will never be reviewed.

Why? The review panel was failing. There were too many films and the reviewers didn't have enough time to review them all. It worked back on Brickfilms.com when there were less films being released, but now there's at least one new film per day. A lot of the films are pretty mediocre too, so the reviewers tired over deciding whether a film's animation should be rated a 4 or a 5. It got so out of hand (there are currently over 800 in the queue) that Sméagol has decided to give up on the review panel completely (and by that I mean they've been told to stop reviewing).

So what now? The plan is to let every submitted brickfilm into the directory, and extra-special films will be highlighted by a blog on the front page. The masses won't get formal reviews, only the ones featured on the blog.

And when? When the site's new layout is finished. There's no saying when that'll be, it's been worked on by a small number of users who don't have a lot of spare time and are doing it completely for free. It's been in the works on for a long time already and I'm not part of the development so I can't give you any insight about how much has been done.

So you might as well not even submit a film at all because nothing will become of it?

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:
Hazzat wrote:

So you might as well not even submit a film at all because nothing will become of it?

NO.

You get feedback from other members from the site. And if it got reviewed by the review staff (though now that system has been abolished) it would just be one other review, though from someone on the review panel.

It's still good to submit films to the directory -- the directory allows for some rating options and tagging, searchability that the releases forum does not. We plan to integrate the two a little better in the future. We're just going to do away with the review panel system as it currently exists.

I haven't had time to get this stuff ironed out with the programmers, yet. I'm hoping to maybe get it taken care of over my December break; I am a full-time student.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

It's still good to submit films to the directory -- the directory allows for some rating options and tagging, searchability that the releases forum does not. We plan to integrate the two a little better in the future. We're just going to do away with the review panel system as it currently exists.

I haven't had time to get this stuff ironed out with the programmers, yet. I'm hoping to maybe get it taken care of over my December break; I am a full-time student.

So, wait, the Staff Ratings don't consist of the Review Panel, do they? Is that what you mean by "some rating options" because I'd really like my films to get Staff Rated. Even more than reviewed.

-LASF