Topic: Animation Block!!

hey....I have animation block ''what's animation block I hear you cry''..Well it's whene you cant get in the zone....I havent been getting the Awesome felling latly  whene i'm brickfilming ......can you give me some help on how to get in the ''ZONE'' mini/bigsmile

Last edited by pizzaboy (February 23, 2009 (11:55pm))

Project Secret

Re: Animation Block!!

Well first of all, you've got to get a story that's amazing that makes you determined to make it into a movie.
That's what I've found that makes me do good animation.

I've been fighting a losing battle with animation block since An Unlikely Hero.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

yeah tell me about it....I mean i still love brickfilming just get in the zone

Project Secret

Just try a bit of animation improvisation. I do that all the time and look how many movies I make. mini/tongue

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

Just try a bit of animation improvisation. I do that all the time and look how many movies I make. mini/tongue

I just did that yesterday. I wasn't feeling really motivated to work on the film I'm making, so I animated a dude getting tackled and played around with some post-production effects just to see what I could do. It was cool. It helped me to relax and just enjoy animating.

- Leo

I think I'll have to do that sometime.

thank's for the help Guy's keep em coing!!

Project Secret

You know, the newspaper is a great place to get ideas from. Just look for a story you like and just change it a bit to your suiting and animate!
Or what I would say, gargleberry it! ( that is just a word I came up with that  I use for stuff)

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Next time you're in the "zone", find something that has a unique smell, and put it in your studio. Then whenever you want to "get in the zone", just smell whatever it was you found, and you will want to animate. It's called smell association

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I accidentally discovered that only with taste. Every time I have orange mouthwash it makes me want to play GTA REALLY badly.

Gospelnut wrote:

Next time you're in the "zone", find something that has a unique smell, and put it in your studio. Then whenever you want to "get in the zone", just smell whatever it was you found, and you will want to animate. It's called smell association

I have to try that.