Topic: Some help.

Hey all!  For my new movie, one of the scenes involves  a building crashing down, I want to make a sort of dust effect, like in Cloverfiled or 9/11 when the towers  fell down, I want to use talcum powder  but I'm not sure.

Can you help?

Re: Some help.

so you want to try to capture frames of the dust as it flys around your set?  That sounds like a bad idea to me, why not just add the dust in post?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6064/6159235420_8067354b9c.jpg
I just need three more actors for my new film, check the casting call here.

If you have a software thay can composite and Action Essentials 2 or possibly footage from detonation films you can create the desired effect

Here is what I would do.
-First, animate normally, and export the video.
-Then, in your editing software, layer some stock footage in front of it (action essentials or www.detonationfilms.com) and key away the background colour.
-Then place it where you want it. This can be done in Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere or After Effects.

The reason you should not use powder is that it will move quickly and end up looking dumb, and it will be jumpy and choppy.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Well, actually, you won't see it really, in the background and then  the guys in it hide in a building and the place goes all dark and then they go out and you just see dust everywhere

Hmmm... you could use a 3d program like blender (if you're proficient with that kind of thing) and do it all digital... food for thought.

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.