Re: Skulduggery Pleasant Lego

Real Brick wrote:

How is a book/movie about a modern Greek hero a Harry Potter rip-off?

Three main characters.
Percy: Harry. Grover: Ron. Annabeth: Hermione.

They all stay at a camp year round, for half bloods.
and
They all stay at a school year round, for wizards.

They are categorized into cabins or houses.

I'm not gunna go on on all the ways on how PJ rips off HP, but if you've seriously read the books, you'd know how.

Sorry Splodge, but what makes you think Harry Potter is all original?

Splodge wrote:
AncientEngine wrote:

I hope they aren´t making Twilight sets then.

LEGO Twilight would be hilarious. I'd buy every set.

LEGO Twilight would scare the cruddles out of me. I'd burn every set I saw.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Actually I happen to be in a group of people who talk to Derek (the writer) and it looks like this movie is going to be BIGGER than Harry Potter. The crew who are currently working on Harry Potter are probably going to be working on the Skulduggery pleasant series. Plus it does have all the things every good series needs: comedy(lot's of it), horror(lot's of it), romance(only in the later books).

"Now you're just being cute. I CAN'T GO TO PIGFARTS. IT'S ON MAAARS, YOU NEEED A ROCKETSHIP. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died; Look at this. Rocketship Potter. Starkid Potter. Moooonshoes Potter. TRAVERSING THE GALAXY FOR INTERGALATIC TRAVELS TO PIGFARTS." Draco Malfoy

If the majority of people on this forum haven't heard of Skulduggery, then it's not going to be bigger than Harry Potter. Just because some of the same crew members will be working on this film as well isn't going to guarantee the success of it, the success lies mostly in the plot. Any movies produced by the same production company will most likely (not always) have the same people working on it. Aside from the director and producer usually.

And Harry Potter has had time to brew (no potions pun intended). HP has been around since 1997, Skulduggery since 2007. Besides, lot's of horror isn't necessarily going to make a popular movie. The reason Harry Potter is so successful is because it appeals to all ages. Granted the later movie adaptations are getting quite dark, everyone still reads the books and at least the earlier movies. When you get a movie with a lot of horror in it, younger kids aren't going to want or be aloud to see it. Right there you've lost quite a large audience of people that harry Potter still can have.

Bottom line, this series isn't big enough and doesn't fall in the right genre to be more popular than Harry Potter.

EDIT: Having comedy, horror, and romance does always make it a good series. IMO I prefer action/adventure over horror, so not everyone likes the genres of Skulduggery.

Last edited by Blacitch (July 31, 2010 (11:30am))

It'd action to actually! mini/madhead

And as I said this series is amazing, the only reson the majority of people on this ite haven't heard of it is because in America thay gave the books crappy covers!

"Now you're just being cute. I CAN'T GO TO PIGFARTS. IT'S ON MAAARS, YOU NEEED A ROCKETSHIP. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died; Look at this. Rocketship Potter. Starkid Potter. Moooonshoes Potter. TRAVERSING THE GALAXY FOR INTERGALATIC TRAVELS TO PIGFARTS." Draco Malfoy

Xtreme-Lego wrote:

It'd action to actually! mini/madhead

And as I said this series is amazing, the only reson the majority of people on this ite haven't heard of it is because in America thay gave the books crappy covers!

Just having a crappy cover isn't going to make people not read it. Still, to end this brewing argument I can see coming: there's no way this could be bigger than Harry Potter, it isn't for the right audiences, and apparently Americans don't really read it. Well there goes a several million person audience it could have. Harry Potter is popular in close to every established (modern) country.

Skulduggery's awesome, but Blacitch is right, it's never gonna be as big as Harry Potter

Now we let the thread die. mini/yes

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/Lighthouse_Productions/Layer1_0095-Copy.png?t=1270071517
Website | Pie Island Status: 88% complete

Somehow all the threads on BIM are living beings and they die?

Yes.

I am a die hard fan, and the movie is not going to happen as of yet. Derek Landy (the author) has all the rights to any future movie. Though, Lego SP sounds cool.

P.S. I'm not a spammer! D: