Re: The Festival of Souls 2! Discussion Topic

I would like another FOS. Comedy or not, it will be FUN mini/bigsmile

I would have entered last FOS, but my project was WAY to big. mini/sad Hopefully better this year.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

I think that comedies should be allowed as long as the scary part is well scary
though I'm not really good at NOT doing comedies so that might just be me mini/eh
what ever the subject I would like to enter. I missed Toy and BRAWL so I would like to enter this. mini/yes

Here's an idea: Best Worst film.
Like a thriller that's so ridicoulously stupid that you laugh. Like Plan 9 from Outer Space. Or Troll 2 (with the vegetarians-- LOL!!!)

Coyote Creek Films wrote:

I think that comedies should be allowed as long as the scary part is well scary
though I'm not really good at NOT doing comedies so that might just be me mini/eh

Then people will just put in one supposedly scary scene and make the rest comedy, which ruins the point.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Here's an idea: Best Worst film.
Like a thriller that's so ridicoulously stupid that you laugh. Like Plan 9 from Outer Space. Or Troll 2 (with the vegetarians-- LOL!!!)

Those things only turn out as genius like Plan 9 if it's unintentional.

Last edited by Pillow (August 26, 2011 (02:47pm))

no I mean that the Whole movie has to be scary but you can put a few (perhaps a maximum of five?) Jokes in it.
I agree if the contest is for a horror film it should have little or no jokes. I try to enter anyway...

Here is a logo I just made. Quite simple, though:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6086/6083990756_560237133b.jpg

... Oh yeah.

I have an idea for this already. Something I did in English a couple of months ago.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Great, although you spelled "souls" wrong mini/tongue

Whoops. Didn't see that "d", lol.

... Oh yeah.

TheLegoCammster7 wrote:

I have an idea for this already. Something I did in English a couple of months ago.

Impossible. The theme has not been announced yet.

Yeah, but the idea is flexible.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

K, here we go:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6084021426_514b248008.jpg

... Oh yeah.

TheLegoCammster7 wrote:

Yeah, but the idea is flexible.

Generally points are given to those which interpret the theme most. Also, things like this, that openly state you're working on a script is not a good idea.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I'm not working on a script. It's just an idea. I will probably have many more by the time the contest starts.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:

YES! I've wanted to try horror for a change. mini/smile i will probably enter. mini/wink

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

The gist of some members: "Please! Just five jokes! No, three! There has to be some-I'm incapable of making something without jokes. How about one big joke-is that OKAY?"

I like how this discussion is going-but the main idea has been addressed. Serious horror it is. There is always a bit of leeway concerning this rule-it isn't a "no comedy" ruling. Horror should take the forefront while comedy grabs a seat. It might get up once or twice to go to the bathroom, but comedy should stay in that seat. Shock us, bewilder us, scare us- that's the main point-and do it with bricks. Please monitor yourselves should you plan to enter. We're certainly not going to field every "Is this okay, or is it too much comedy?" question that comes through.

I'm also open to more prizes/ achievements. It looks right now like it would sit at three. I don't know how much Brickarms is donating-but I've thought of some trophy ideas and perhaps a Lego prize.

Happy day.
Jared

I'm not putting in any jokes. Why? I am rubbish at jokes.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:

I say no - there should be no Comedy category; first of all, if we look at all of our Halloween contest entries, they're all pretty much comedian. Second of all, if it'd be SOMEHOW a problem for the funny-animatiors, then still, why couldn't they make a sireus horror film? I think that THAT will be a lot of experience for some people!

EDIT: Hmm.....I'm gonna try make some quick poster, but I'm gonna make a better one once the rules and the judges (basically when the contest will start) will be announced. mini/wink

Last edited by Tobias (August 27, 2011 (06:43am))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

So, I'll say this: stop worrying about the jokes you'll put in, what you have to do is an horror movie, that is supposed to scare (or mentally disturb) the viewer. I, personally, don't care about one or two jokes as long as it does not detract the movie from his main purpose, and as long as the jokes aren't more important than the scary parts. It seemed that most of us agreed with that.

Here's a quick banner I've done.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316979_272895359402872_100000472292406_1165454_1199428_n.jpg
And of course, internet has made the quality worse. mini/madhead

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.