Re: Fall contest?

We should open up multiple spectrums of horror besides ghosts and hysteria for this contest if we do one. Not many people have tried extra terrestrial horror.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I hope someone else can run it.

We don't really need another Septemberfest contest.

I'd rather stick to the true Septemberfest spirit; praising The Citizen of the Year.

Heck, I'll run Septemberfest if you guys are ok with that.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Eddie wrote:

Heck, I'll run Septemberfest if you guys are ok with that.

I'm okay with that. I'll even judge if you fall short on people.

Maybe, but I think we should wait until some other members state how they feel.

| Website |

I feel the same way as Rundown. I would prefer someone with more experience, but I'm fine with you running it.
Timothy, you are right, but there are ways and ways to praise a film: making a contest could be one, don't you think?

EDIT: Crap guys, I can't do it. I just looked and figured out I'm flat broke. I don't have any money to buy prizes. The time is also kinda tight for me seeing as I'm starting a new school soon. Sorry guys. mini/sad

Last edited by Eddie (August 18, 2011 (05:48pm))

| Website |

Eddie wrote:

Ok, I'll try to host it. Any judge volunteers?

Right here!

-LASF

Ok, no offense to anyone here, but I think judges should be members with some more experience. Most likely people who have joined in 2009 or earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

coolasice11 wrote:

Ok, no offense to anyone here, but I think judges should be members with some more experience. Most likely people who have joined in 2009 or earlier.

:C

Darn.

EDIT: Why join date? Why not brickfilm-animating-start date?

-LASF

I feel the contest, and judges, should be mature and experienced members.

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

Why join date? Why not brickfilm-animating-start date?

-LASF

Because most older members have more experience around the site. And someone (this is just an example) who has been brickfilming since 2008, could be a terrible brickfilmer and very uneducated in animation. So I'm just saying a lot of people on this site who registered before 2009 have more experience than those of a more recent date.

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

Not only that, but you can easily fudge your "started-animating-date", while your join date would be much harder to fabricate.

P.S. I'm willing to be a judge if this contest goes for another round. PM me.

Amount of time being registered or having animated does not dictate the maturity and discipline required to run a contest.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I wasn't around for the last Septemberfest and I was really looking forward to it due to the fact I was on vacation while Brawl was going on. Oh and if this isn't going to happen that brings the website down to two contests a year? (correct me if I am wrong)

Sean, you may not have noticed, but they're not talking about the person running the contest but those who would judge the contest.

Used to be 'Caidence'

No I think he realizes. Yeah, if you know how to run a contest well and have a good idea about what you're judging, then experience doesn't matter.

| Website |

Well, I think a person judging or a person running the contest should have spent enough time on the sit to know the routine and be as unbiased as possible.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I'd be happy to run the contest. I've already had one contest under my belt, which boasted $100 prize money and garnered 25 entrants. Plus my sponsors of last year made it clear already that if I hosted another contest they'd be happy to contribute.

Of course this is essentially up to the Bricksinmotion staff and Sean himself, but I just thought I'd put this out there.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here