Topic: Lego is getting more expensive, why?

I personaly love building big lego sets, that's why i prefer to buy lego sets instead of just buying bricks in websites like bricklink.
The last big lego set i got was back in 2008, it was the Creator Model Town House that came with 1174 bricks for 69.99€, my birthday is getting close, so today i went the online lego store and i saw that the biggest lego creator house for sale was the Hillside house for 59.95€, BUT that house only had 714 bricks. WHAT?? How can i pay so much for something smaller? But it dosent end there, i know people like to buy those big Hard to find sets so i went there to check them, and them i saw the Grand Emporium for 144.95€. At first i though it was amazing and it was a great deal, but them i saw the number of bricks: 2182
Two Model Town House's would cost 140€, just 5€ cheaper than the Grand Emporium but if i did that i would get 2348 bricks. WHAT? It is actually cheaper to buy two Model Town House's that buying the Grand Emporium, with a difference of 166 bricks, i know 166 bricks is not much but it's still bad. Lego sets are getting more and more expensive, and bringing less bricks and a lot of times replacing some with bigger ones.
Lego city sets keeps getting bigger and bigger bricks, why? I mean ins't the point of lego to build new creative stuff? If so, why brigging bigger useless bricks? I have the old lego airport that i took appart a long time ago, it gave me tons of weird glass bricks and a giant set of wings for the airplane, i have no use for those bricks, they just cant be used for something other than a airport. All of this just anoys me. mini/sad

Can someone please aswer my questions?

I like stuff...

Re: Lego is getting more expensive, why?

We already had a thread like this but I'll answer again:

Lego wants to make more money now because there are all these other toys too (i.e. Mega Bloks and Kre-O) and things may just cost more in different places. Say your Lego set costs 50 bucks but mine only costs 40.

-LASF

I would say because of the bad economy. Many other businesses are charging more, giving you less, or dying off all together.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I think its because we are running out of oil...

LINK!<--CLICKY!
MY AWESOME NEW MUSIC VIDEO!]
I like turles I mean Legos mini/shifty
Flickr | Youtube

well running out of oil, plus a bad economy and like half of Lego products being licensed (starwars ect.), we are prone to
high Lego prices...

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Yeah, basically because of the licensing stuff.

Also, because TLG makes the licensed stuff that's geared towards kids, the kids don't know that the sets are really that expensive. Once they get to 11 or 12 years old, then they start to realize something's up.

Another possible reason is the horrible economy.

Well, there are many parts to this answer. The main reasons are that LEGO has been expanding a lot into licensed material. They've been creating a lot of Batman, Indy Jones, PotC, Starwars, Toy Story, and even their new Architecture sets. They all require them to pay for rights and things like that.

Another thing is that the price of crude oil is rising very fast. Their overhead costs are rising pretty darn quickly. It doesn't help that there is constant unrest in the middle east.

I've also noticed that LEGO is expanding on their advertisement, so that's another cost, and like said before, they are also in a more competitive market with Mega Blocks having their new Halo sets and things like that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Frenchhorn333 Studios Flickr PhotoStream Facebook Page
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬