Topic: AnimatorDV, or Stop Motion Pro?

So recently I've been in the market to buy an animating program. I've decided that maybe I should actually invest in the programs instead of use the dingy free versions with all the technical issues. But I have no clue what to choose, and have come down to these two programs.

I'm looking for these features.
-Onion Skinning
-Audio syncing
-Accessibility
-High performance
-A price range between 50-100 dollars.

Can you advise me on which one of these programs would be the best choice? Or is there a better program (besides monkeyjam) that I may be overlooking? Any help would be much appreciated.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

Re: AnimatorDV, or Stop Motion Pro?

Well, since I've never used it, I can't say StopMotion Pro is great, but from the outcomes I see of people using it, I think I'd recommend that.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

*slighty offtopic*

Is AnimatorDV for PC only or for mac, too?

ONTOPIC:

I'd say get stopmotion pro, it's great and even has a green screen feature.

I have Stop Motion Pro it is very awesome, but it sometimes doesn't start up well and work with my camera. I think it might be because I have Vista and Vista stinks. I have a LQCP9K and SMP will not let you shoot your film in 800 x 600 size. Although SMP has its problems, it has some awesome things in it, like built in Audio Record if you want to, Greenscreen, a looping of your recent footage to see if your next movement is smooth with the other animation. I definitely think you should get it.

Stop Motion Pro is very good, what frame rate do you film at as The junior only does 15FPS.

_2014

I use 15 fps.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

Your ok then.

_2014

Well from what I can tell, you can only buy the junior version of SMP. It can onionskin and sync audio, but when you animate and play it back, it looks sort of pixelated. Also, it won't let you export frames to edit them. If you're willing to buy a better version like SD or mayby even HD then I would go for it.

Last edited by LMP (February 17, 2009 (06:42am))

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DaLegoMaster/Other/brook_signature.png

I would say smp

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

Aaron wrote:

*slighty offtopic*

Is AnimatorDV for PC only or for mac, too?

ONTOPIC:

I'd say get stopmotion pro, it's great and even has a green screen feature.

Uhh...does AnimatorDV+ cost money? Because lots of people use it...and I use Windows Movie Maker, so anything is better than that.

It cost money. There are alot of good free programs though.

lil'jj wrote:

It cost money. There are alot of good free programs though.

But i you get it off pirat bay or rapid share its a different story mini/mrgreen

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ware-list/
I'm finished with the thread hijacking

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.