Topic: What is your editing process?

After you capture all of your pictures, what do you specifically do? Like which programs you use, and when, and what for. So... please just list your process.

masterfilms

Re: What is your editing process?

If I have any sfx than I edit them in using Gimp 2.6. Than I put all my collected sounds, music, pictures and everything else into my editing program, Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0. Then I render the movie and I'm done!

I first put all the pictures into Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 and save it as a rough cut (normally at 320x240p). Then I see what Visual Effects I need to edit and do that in GIMP 2.6. I save another rough cut, and this time see if I need to change the length of any clips. I edit that and save it as (by now) Rough III. Now, I go into WavePad and create a sound effects and voice file (normally separate). For timing, I normally import the Rough III into a basic video editor like Movie Maker (iMovie for Mac). I import those into VideoStudio along with my music. Save it as Rough IV and if there is nothing I need to change I render it and I'm done!
Hope this helped.

I don't often come up with something i'm genuinely pleased with, if it's arrogant to be proud of your work and want to tell others about it then this world is messed up. - Gareth Pugh

First I open the video in virtualdub. I apply a noise reduction filter, maybe some colour correction, and export it as a Xvid MPEG-4 .avi file. Then I open it up in Sony Vegas, do all the editing, transistions and visual effects, add some footstep sounds and mouth animation, render it out and see what I have. I look for anything that can be improved, fix that and save the final project.

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Usually, I first get my pictures to my PC, do any picture perfections or effects if needed, get the pictures together in windows live movie maker, record dialoges, match them up, add titles and click "save movie"

Makerimages animations is back!

1: Put pictures onto computer.

2: Edit in special effects, (So that way I don't have all of those annoying extra blank frames from masking).

3: put them into my program (Adobe Premiere Elements)

And 4: I go through this really long stage of adding sounds, recording sounds and voices, and waiting for music.

The last stage is what really gets me crazy. D: I spend so. much. time. on that stage. It really is ridiculous. But, adding one sound at a time is necessary. And my recording windows for new sounds and voices are rare and too short.