Topic: PLEASE HELP, HOW Do YOU EDIT OUT OBJECTS?

hi, im a noob and i was wondering if theres a way you can edit out objects effectively?
to make an object look like its in mid air?
all i have is photoshop elements and adobe flash pro

please help, thanks

Re: PLEASE HELP, HOW Do YOU EDIT OUT OBJECTS?

Do you mean masking? On xxxFancypantsxxx's channel he made a tutorial on how to mask and he used photoshop. Go check him out.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

VanderFlame Studios wrote:

Do you mean masking? On xxxFancypantsxxx's channel he made a tutorial on how to mask and he used photoshop. Go check him out.

Here's the link to his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYK-VDbOpuc
That should get you started on everything you need to know about masking. mini/smile

Do you have a frame capturing program? Because you can not use adobe flash for a brickfilm.

bricksinmotion member of the year

ok thanks heaps guys i'll take a look, i saw someones post and it said to take a picture with something holding up your object, then a pic of just the background and layer it in photoshop
that's what Fancypants did though isnt it?

Let me give you a piece of advice. It's a method for smoother masking that I call Double Rigging. You take a picture with the object suppourted from the bottom by a rig. Then, you build another rig holding it from the top. You take a way the rig on the bottom and take a picture. It is important that the object is in about the same place in both frames. All you do is mask out the rig in the first frame with the second frame as a background plate. The result is smooth masking with realistic shadows under it. If that sounds hard to you, at least try it. Belive me, it's worth it.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

a variation on that suggestion is to support the object from behind. So the object itself masks out the support when viewed through the camera.This avoids you having to match up two shots and risk misaligned elements.

minifig051 wrote:

Let me give you a piece of advice. It's a method for smoother masking that I call Double Rigging. You take a picture with the object suppourted from the bottom by a rig. Then, you build another rig holding it from the top. You take a way the rig on the bottom and take a picture. It is important that the object is in about the same place in both frames. All you do is mask out the rig in the first frame with the second frame as a background plate. The result is smooth masking with realistic shadows under it. If that sounds hard to you, at least try it. Belive me, it's worth it.

Thanks for the advice! I use that tecnique and it works ver well! mini/bigsmile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv