Topic: Buying A Tripod

Well I hope this is the right forum.. mini/shifty
I have been thinking of buying a tripod, I've seen different types of tripods
and for that reason I don't know what kind of tripod I should get, I felt right to ask you maybe first before I would do something about it..
I've seen some head tripods with a ball in the middle (think keshen8 uses so) are that kind of tripods, video tripods?
I just need a good tripod that can allow me to do all the camera movement that I need and it needs to be sturdy.
it would be nice if someone would knew for exmaple what kind of tripod these famous LEGO animators use..
anyway I hope someone gets me,and I would be glad if someone could help mini/smile

Re: Buying A Tripod

Don't use the ones on a ball.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

I'm not sure whether you understood what I was trying to say..but why not use the ones on a ball? mini/blankexpression

Get a STX Pro 656 tri-pod. It's the one that FF101 uses.

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

FF101 who?

ForrestFire101.

Do a little research, I recommend not just buying a tripod because FF101 uses a certain one. There are many on the market that are small and fairly cheap. Your local camera store might have some.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

jeje

buy a i think its called a gurrila im not shure but i just got one and its awsome!!!!

Hi

I would recommend you to buy a three-way tripod! That way you can do exact camera movements. And I mean 'exact'! If you're interested in photography too, then it's even more attractive.

By the way, a decent ball-head-tripod is much more expensive than a three-way one because those ball heads tend to not have a very strong grip and therefore shift/get out of place.

As to brands, Cullmann and Manfrotto are recommended if you want a nice tripod for a comparatively rather small price tag.

pacific

-pacific

I got one for christmas, its Velbon MAX I, or something mini/smile
~Storm

P.S Yeah, do some research don't rely on us mini/smile

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

Try to find a tripod that fits you, don't try to get the tripods that famous brickfilmers use , instead just use one that fits you the best.;)

What kind of camera do you use?

I am addicted to brickfilming, Oh well, better than being addicted to crack. mini/wink