Topic: Music by Jack

Hey there.
This is some of the music that I have both created and played past the last few years. You can see down below what I'm planning on recording and how long I'm into the process. If I'm done, there will be a YouTube link!

YouTube - Axel F (Rough Version)
Axel F performed by I, Christian Boddum. I have not created the song nor sheets myself, only given it my own touch. All the credit goes to Harold Faltermeyer.
I started practicing on this song in the summer of 2010 and finished it in Janurary 2011. This song was rather hard to learn, especially by heart. The song is still being practiced. Same thing goes with my equipment since most of it is new.
I only used a single instrument in this one. A beat was needed and so was a pitcher.

YouTube - Finger Warm up
Thought it could be interesting to record what I do before I actually play. This goes pretty well as a finger warm up, hence the name.
The song itself ain't really hard at all to play. To be honest, it's very simple. So I usually play it a couple of times to get all warmed up!

Portal - Still Alive -%100. Video recording progress done by tomorrow.
I started in August last year playing the Portal Still Alive. It's a great song by Jonathan Coulton who made it for the game Portal.
I started playing this song after stumbling across the sheets on the Internet. After some progress in rewriting some stuff in the nodes of it, I started practicing. I started all this in late August 2010. Then later in December 2010, I was done.
I'm going to release this today to celebrate the release of Portal 2!
Edit: Darn you, silly camera. Running empty of battery right when I need you.

(Older recordings, low quality)

YouTube - 80's Dreams
Originally scored by me back in 2009, and recorded in mid-2010. The song is supposed to be a mix between the good old 80's 8-bit videogames and modern technologi. The quality of the sound failed rather hard the first couple of times, and I nearly cut out the whole project. After a few weeks of tweaking the software, I got the quality a whole lot better. Sadly, it's nowhere near the quality I have got in the newer recordings (seen above).
The video is full of tests and scenes from brickfilms that never hit YouTube.

YouTube - Battlefield 1942 Theme
Not really proud of this one. This was first performed back in 2007 when I was still testing out my systems, but then recorded in mid-2010. The quality is also pretty horrible and very overexposed. So you better turn down your sound before listening to this one.

That should be it for now. I'll be sure to update the thread once new music has been created!

Last edited by Jackpody (April 19, 2011 (05:19pm))

Re: Music by Jack

mini/eek

That was quite awesome. Good job mini/wink

mini/twitch mini/jaw Awesome music Jack!

Thank you for all the nice responses. mini/smile

Provided a YouTube link.
Also, I'm working on some more music now, and still trying to get the quality, and exposure right in this one.
Expect some to be out later today, or tomorrow.
-Jack.

Last edited by Jackpody (June 14, 2010 (07:02am))

And it is done.
YouTube
My goal was to make it sound old, and 8-Bit, but also with a modern touch. mini/smile
-Jack.

Last edited by Jackpody (June 28, 2010 (09:39am))

I can tell you have some talent in music.  Great job!  Do you compose for others?

Bumpety!
Just got some new music recorded after a bunch of software and general difficulties. I updated some parts of my software and got some new wireing installed. I placed a good 10 year old laptop on my piano to record. I was pretty amazed on what this oldie could do to my music.

I'll be uploading some more music later on when I have more time and when my camera battery starts to live again. Until then, feel free to listen to the music I posted in the thread!
Edit: Those avatars surely got bigger while I was away.