Topic: Music during fight scenes

Do you think music assist a fight scene, or should there just be the sound of the fighters trading punches?

Re: Music during fight scenes

Well, it depends on the effect you want. If the scene is supposed to be unanticipated, the music should be low, but it the scene was supposed to come and be stylish, then play the music you want. But make sure the music plays well with the scene, if the scene was on a train, or involved trains, for example, include railroad or industrial elements in to stylize the scene.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Music sounds good, but it all hinges on what effect you want to have on the audience. I have found though that music can make a scene seem to be more "action packed" if you need an extra boost.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

You could try mixing both music and sound effects. Don't make the music too loud and put the effects and it should be fine. Of course then there are times when music doesn't help at all...

If you're using music in a fight scene make sure you're a good editor. It's essential to edit in time to the music, and even more so during said fighting sequences. Personally though, if you can animate a good enough fist fight then music is unnecessary and sometimes hinders the effect.

I might consider doing a version of MindGame's Social Experiment on this... if I can ever get enough motivation to finish an animation.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here