Topic: What gets you Inspired to make a Brickfilm?

What inspires you to make a brickfilm? A lot of people seem to be inspired by music, I don't know how I get inspired, I just brainstorm and get lots of idea, I pick out an original one that's my favourite, and continue the idea with additional plots and such, then when I'm happy with my idea and it's polished, I'm start to animate.

What Gets You inspired to make a brickfilm?

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Re: What gets you Inspired to make a Brickfilm?

Watching other good brickfilms. I made Greed after watching Grace.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

You guys just covered what I was going to say except for the Greed and Grace part.

Same as Hazzats reason

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Same as Hazzat's reason.

Watching films in general.

- Leo

Dreaming.

Watching movies!

Probably all that has been mentioned and some more.

EDIT : I now am also being inspired by ALL sorts of things. I already have ideas for three long films. mini/smile

Last edited by D.J.M. (June 17, 2009 (10:32pm))

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

The ideas comes up after a movie or so for me. mini/mrgreen

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

Hmm. I'm surprised no one has said music inspires them yet, I remember a thread where almost the whole amount of posts said they listened to music to get inspired. Although it seems now to be mostly watching other films. And dreaming mini/tongue.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

watching Coraline. On the way home from the theater, my head was flooded with ideas.

in the past I did it as a cure for boredom.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Watching movies, watching other brickfilms, reading stuff on the net or in magazines/books...

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

I usually think about some events that happened in my life, and then I make a brickfilm of one of them.

I'm for life events as well.  Although some-times, I do get rare moments where it seems that ideas are just implanted into my mind.  I also currently have one idea that was a dream I had once.  I think some of the dream was actually with the LEGO minifigs, although that was at least half a year ago, so I can't be certain.  That would've been cool though.

Der Polizist verkauft dem Weihnachtsmann Fahrräder.

endless possibilities

Splash Studios wrote:

What inspires you to make a brickfilm? A lot of people seem to be inspired by music, I don't know how I get inspired, I just brainstorm and get lots of idea, I pick out an original one that's my favourite, and continue the idea with additional plots and such, then when I'm happy with my idea and it's polished, I'm start to animate.

What Gets You inspired to make a brickfilm?

just wutever happens to get me interested. my Dimension Wars film im making was because of a movie i saw on the Scifi channel

Bad ideas are my biggest inspiration for brickfilms, I <3 bad ideas

Hmm. Usually I just get some kind of idea in my head, and it goes from there. However, I am working on a book inspired by a commercial, and show I saw on Discovery Channel. Sometimes I can brainstorm for a bit for a base idea, then all the jokes and story comes after that. I was going to make a brickfilm with someone, based off of the question, "What if some guy won a Charmin toilet paper contest, and got to cameo in a commercial for it?" Trust me, it got really hilarious from there, even before the character decided to take over the whole commercial. It got so huge, however, that we couldn't imagine ever finishing the film, so we let it go. It could be a good webcomic, though.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Usually while I'm in the middle of animating a film, and I'm at a scene I don't wanna film, I tell myself to just get it done.
This helps me get motivated.