Topic: Convention?

I'm sure someone has said something about getting a convention together but I'll be the next one to say it again.

I think there should a convention for brickfilms that tour around the world.  What do you guys think?

Just a thought.

Script=15-20%                        Editing=0%                      Film: Lego SAW           
Props and Set=65-70%            Mastering=0%                 
Animation=5-10%                                                          Upcoming Film: God of War
Voice-over=0%                       Complete=17%

Re: Convention?

A round-the-world tour?

1. Who would run it?
2. What would they do?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

A round-the-world tour?

1. Who would run it?
2. What would they do?

3.Who would fund it?

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

some people have connections

brickfilmers would run it

like in most conventions. there would be seminars, brickfilmers, booths to sell (props, sets, videos, etc.)

Script=15-20%                        Editing=0%                      Film: Lego SAW           
Animation=5-10%                                                          Upcoming Film: God of War

4. Who would go?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

toxikinjektion wrote:

some people have connections

brickfilmers would run it

like in most conventions. there would be seminars, brickfilmers, booths to sell (props, sets, videos, etc.)

What do you mean by"connections"I don't think many of us could book a hall in the RDS now could we?
Also,nt many people would come.It's blunt,but they won't.

people that are interested in brickfilmsor want to know what brickfilms are. i know it's not the biggest thing but it would spread the word and get more and more people into brickfilms.

<===not that seriously about it. it's just an idea

Hazzat wrote:

4. Who would go?

Depends on the location. If there was one in Dublin, I'd go mini/tongue

I think we could have BiMCon USA in like NYC and then BiMCon Europe somewhere in Europe.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

SmallTime, your avatar is giving me epilepsy.
I like the idea, if it was in Holland.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

donsalvatore, for some reason, i think BertL or Bastetta should go.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I don't think a brickfilm convention would work.
Only lego fans and brickfilmers would go.
But it might attract the media.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

I don't think the brickfilming community is quite large enough to host a convention on it's own. For now we'll just have to piggyback onto the larger AFOL community events. I had a great time at brickworld (http://www.brickworld.us/) last year. David Pagano led a cool workshop on brickfilming and there was a video room that was playing brickfilms all day during the public days. i also had my laptop set up with some of my personal films on it.

Perhaps we could try and create a brickfilm section in one of the big conventions,like Brickcon.

It probably wouldn't work because there are lots of young brickfilmers in the community.