Topic: lighting effects in final cut express

i am trying out tests because i recently got final cut express during my tests i notice when i move the explosion or blood clip my original video gets darker or brighter (depending on lighting) in the area not effected by the effects clip can i fix this or even adjust the lighten on the original video in final cut express mini/eek mini/twitch  mini/troll

Re: lighting effects in final cut express

Well, first off, this is a Forum, which means you have time to put in punctuation.  Second, use smilies in moderation.  Third, if you have not yet done so, check this out.

Now, what sort of tests have you been doing?  Lighting of what?  Do you mean brightness?  If so, then there is an effect under 'Effects>Video Filters>Image Control>Brightness and Contrast' where you can change the brightness of a clip.  What sort of 'explosion or blood' clips are you using?  Are they ones with black backgrounds?  If so, are you changing them to alpha layers?  If you want to get help, you need to explain the problem better.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

BWJCLego wrote:

Well, first off, this is a Forum, which means you have time to put in punctuation.  Second, use smilies in moderation.  Third, if you have not yet done so, check this out.

Now, what sort of tests have you been doing?  Lighting of what?  Do you mean brightness?  If so, then there is an effect under 'Effects>Video Filters>Image Control>Brightness and Contrast' where you can change the brightness of a clip.  What sort of 'explosion or blood' clips are you using?  Are they ones with black backgrounds?  If so, are you changing them to alpha layers?  If you want to get help, you need to explain the problem better.

They have white backgrounds and yes i do mean brightness.

Ok, well, you can still see the original footage, Am I correct?

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

I figured it out sorry for not using correct grammar.