Topic: My Story Ideas, Help? (along with Your Ideas!)

:)Hi, I am starting a new story about a guy, (named Ethan, but you dont know that) Who is an engineer working for an industrial plant, Suddenly something goes down the conveyer belt, that is so, amazing he snatches it off the conveyer belt. The year is 2051, where violence is band, the only exception his for captivity. When the industry finds out about the object is gone they go on a cross-country with a warrant for Ethans capture, Kind of like Chain Reaction.

I need help with character personality, scene ideas, and other stuff:D::lol::o:o

Re: My Story Ideas, Help? (along with Your Ideas!)

What is it he took? To me it doesn't make sense that this amazing (and presumably valuable) object is on a conveyor belt where anyone could steal it. I wouldn't find a film about a guy who just takes stuff because it looks cool very interesting, too.

Nick Durron wrote:

To me it doesn't make sense that this amazing (and presumably valuable) object is on a conveyor belt where anyone could steal it.

If the guy was working in a top secret factory, where someone accidentally dropped the item, the guy would take it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Maybe it's something that he has to take, because if he left it... I dunno, an evil corporation would use it to destroy earth or something

I think that it would be a good idea if the world that your story was set a utopia/dystopia society, where everyone is the same and no-one steps out of line. When someone does commit such a crime (the character taking something off the production line), they think that they can hide from the officials, but not for long.

Then again, that's a complete ripoff of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Last edited by Hazzat (January 12, 2009 (02:51pm))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

i think this is a nice idea but i think you need to think about it a little more mini/wink

Project Secret

yah your right pizza boy Cause I made it up While I was typing:lol: Yah but seriosly I am gonna think more, but not now, Im at School;)

The guy actually finds it in a storage room. and the rest is like Hazzats translation of whats supposed to happen.;)

To make this a little more original... how about the company's actually making something evil, like missiles that deliver biological weapons or something, but the parts are constructed separately so that none of the lower employees know what they're actually making? And then your character finds something that starts to clue him in on what's actually going on, and he has to uncover the truth about the company, while the company's trying to stop him any way they can.

This is a ripoff of a movie, too, but I can't think which one. Just an idea.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I like the idea. mini/smile

Okay, now that I have now thought it over, I shall now show you: The Story is about a man named Wayne Solotov, his father Allen Solotov, was an employee of Terrakonn Industries. After an electrical surge, Allen goes missing. Wayne takes the job, in order to take care of his family. Life is dull in the plant , until he hears strange noises and growls, from behind the wall (of course this is all happening where his father went missing), Startled he turns around, and blasts the wall, causing a small cave in, of the wall, He then finds the object, ( one of the lego orbs, a modern day pandora box) He opens it and.......

What? He opens it straight away? No no no no no. Where's the plot in that? Have him look confused by it. Then he takes it home and thinks about what to do with it. Should he put it back? Should he just leave it? Should he... open it? He can feel something strange about the orb and he knows that he shouldn't but...

He is driven to obsession, then practically to madness. At the end of the movie, he opens it.

I like that. A more psychological approach.

I meant he opens it when he gets home,after his personal droid scans it,when the droid cant find it in its databanks, Wayne opens it.

But wouldn't it be rather suspicious for this object to not be on the database?

exactly.

LamplightStudios wrote:

:an engineer working for an industrial plant, Suddenly something goes down the conveyer belt, that is so, amazing he snatches it off the conveyer belt. The year is 2051, where violence is band, the only exception his for captivity. When the industry finds out about the object is gone they go on a cross-country with a warrant for Ethans capture.

Heres what I am thinking:

-FADE IN FROM BLACK TO TOP SECRET FACILITY- Day/Month/Year/Time and place Gets typed across the bottom left corner. <Ends showing outside of building> -CUT TO SCENE INSIDE BUILDING SHOWING ETHAN- *Ethan goes about his normal job* *Ethan checks 3 products getting ready for shipping* *Ethan comes by a test tube with something inside.* -TEST TUBE HAS A GREEN LIQUID INSIDE AND IS GLOWING- *Ethan quickly grabs the test tube and hides it in his lab coat* *Ethan Continues to Work untill lunch break* *Loud bell rings indicating Lunch hour* *Ethan quickly and casually walks out the door to his van* He starts his van and heads home. When he gets home he has his Android scan the test tube. Scan shows up: Test Tube* *Ethan pours the liquid into a peitry dish and has android scan again* *search completes. Results: An Edible Liquid.* Ethan says, "Edible eh? I wonder what it does..." *Ethan pours it back into the test tube and stares at it for a couple seconds. Ethan Drinks it.* -CUT TO OUTSIDE ETHANS HOUSE- *screams are heard from the house, Then Silence* End Scene 1

Ok, So Thats what i've got for you. If you want some more, Email me at [email protected]

Good Luck, Hope to hear from you! mini/smile

LamplightStudios wrote:

Okay, now that I have now thought it over, I shall now show you: The Story is about a man named Wayne Solotov, his father Allen Solotov, was an employee of Terrakonn Industries. After an electrical surge, Allen goes missing. Wayne takes the job, in order to take care of his family. Life is dull in the plant , until he hears strange noises and growls, from behind the wall (of course this is all happening where his father went missing), Startled he turns around, and blasts the wall, causing a small cave in, of the wall, He then finds the object, ( one of the lego orbs, a modern day pandora box) He opens it and.......

see, that was my new and improved idea. I like yours, but people may become confused on the reason why he took the test tube. But thanks Captain Blockbeard! I also like the checking of the three shipments, I'm going to use that, if I have your consent.