Re: LEGO Universe

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4651107572_0a53d8d889_z.jpg

+1 for Blockland. Also, RevMen is a pretty cool guy. Eh administrates forums and doesn't afraid of costs.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

yeah, but lego universe is a whole lot better IMO.

You can do missions and such.

I'm a beta tester.

Youtube]~Blog]~Facebook]
我的刀片将开道我的心告诉我,跟随。

I'm a beta tester, but you have to do it on Windows and the only PC we have in our house has is too old to run it. So I haven't working on my duties as a closed beta tester.

Used to be 'Caidence'

I did play LU for a while as a Beta but it kinda bored me so off went the computer. mini/tongue

LennArt wrote:

I'm a beta tester.

Have you played Blockland? You can do missions in that too and ofcourse you can do a lot of 'such'. The game is almost infinitely expandable.

RP Hoogle wrote:
LennArt wrote:

I'm a beta tester.

Have you played Blockland? You can do missions in that too and ofcourse you can do a lot of 'such'. The game is almost infinitely expandable.

well i didn't except for the trial becasue YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

and i don't like paying.

and about the expanding, so is Roblox.

Youtube]~Blog]~Facebook]
我的刀片将开道我的心告诉我,跟随。

Blockland looks a lot like roblox.

Switch that around, and you'll be correct. The earliest versions of Blockland came out ages before Roblox.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

well, i like roblox a lot.

it's really huge and it's free.

and i like the style better than blockland's style

Youtube]~Blog]~Facebook]
我的刀片将开道我的心告诉我,跟随。

Yeah, and you get to punch in actual code, instead of the drag'n'drop interface that LU has.

But in roblox, you don't have central hub worlds. You can't really travel. This is what it is: #1 Go onto a game. #2 Play. #3 Exit. #4 Repeat.
It's just all webpages. You don't get to explore.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

That's the only upside for me.

BUMPITY-BUMP-BUMP
LEGO Universe just went live for everyone today! Do you have the game already? What are your views of it? Is the game too pricey, or is it worth 40 USD, the 90 USD for the next 12 months?

The game is not worth the hefty price tag IMO.

If you really wanted to play a game like that, go to ROBLOX.

They should have a free trial button.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Brickyman wrote:

The game is not worth the hefty price tag IMO.

If you really wanted to play a game like that, go to ROBLOX Blockland.

Fixed.

Nah, I'd say ROBLOX, because you get a game that's 10X better for free.

With Blockland you get a game that's 100X better, but it's 20 dollars.

What can you do in Bloxland that you can't in Roblox?

It's just I have been playing it recently.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

It's Blockland. Not Bloxland. Do away with those Xtreme Kool Letterz plz? Kthnxbai.

Anyway, I've never played Roblox, so I can't really tell you many of the gameplay differences between the two, though. I do imagine that Roblox has a higher ratio of Immature:Mature people on it, given that it's free, so more kids can afford it. Also, Blockland just LOOKS better. Compare  this Roblox image to this Blockland image. I picked two mediocre images on purpose. I dunno about everyone else, but the first thing I notice is how much better the characters look.

Now take a look at this Blockland image. The only remotely comparable image I could find with a similar search for Roblox on Google was this. Oh, Blockland has Megashot. I'm pretty sure Roblox does not.

But yeah, from those two images, I'm also seeing that Roblox doesn't really have a significant community of mature players or awesome builders. The $20 is totally worth it.

Got lego universe. It's pretty awesome. If anyone wants to join me, my name is geekynerd.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.