Topic: Hand Motions

After spending time on this site I feel I have improved my animation skills significantly. One thing I have not been able to improve on is

hand motion/showing dialogue. I dont know what it is but every time I try the actions just dont match up very well with what is being said. I

also feel that I dont have a big library of actions to communicate dialogue past a couple hand twirls and whatnot. So what do you guys do to

show dialogue?

Re: Hand Motions

what i do, is i first write a script (duh...  or whatever).
then if i´m confused of how the carracters shall move when they say something, i try acting like a lego man, and see what would be most normal for me to move, with the arms.

for eksample "why?" would be with both arms going a little out, and the hands turning out.

you can see my videos if you wanna have some inspiration mini/bigsmile

Re: Hand Motions

yeah, that is pretty much what i do.
Also, you can think back to conversations that you have had with other people and think of how they sometimes use their hands while saying certain words or exclamations (i happen to have a few friends who use their hands for almost every word they use mini/XD ) and use those experiences to help with moving your lego mans hands.
well, i hope that that helped!
farwell for now.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/luvdogs07/ninjastudios1signature.jpg