Topic: Black Expanse

I've tried using black construction paper, but it reflects. Should I use a green screen? Also, does anybody know of a software that does green screening? It can't be AE because I don't have that, and if I tryied to buy that, my dad would question my purchase, and I would feel guilty, and I would not buy it. It should be under $200.

Re: Black Expanse

Try moving your lights so they don't reflect anymore?

Or buy some black felt.

Last edited by 0ldScratch (February 1, 2009 (04:22pm))

Black felt sounds like a winning idea.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I actually have done this before, but it was just for my website (that I was working on before) since the background was black.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Why would you feel guilty buying software?

And black felt does sound good, or black cloth

^Because he mentions all the homeless people in other countries that I could feed with the money I need to buy AE. Besides, he works for Sun Microsystems, a competitor of Adobe.

It sounds like black felt is the winner.

mcoov_studios wrote:

^Because he mentions all the homeless people in other countries that I could feed with the money I need to buy AE. Besides, he works for Sun Microsystems, a competitor of Adobe.

It sounds like black felt is the winner.

But if you dont give the money to homeless people in other countries already, why not spend the money your not spending on them on AE?

BTW, I fully agree with helping less fortunate, I was just stating, If you dont already send money to the less fortunate, why give them money right when your going to get AE?
P.S: I dont know how to make myself sound nice, without not saying that. If I offended anyone I'm sorry, and I assure you, I did not have the intentions of putting any people, countries, or religions down.

Persist.

How black do you want your expanse? Do you want it really dark, like in MindGame's Mirrored Perspective or quite bright at the front and fading into darkness at the back, like in my Greed?

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Totally black, like space! It's for my logo. Sam and Alex fight over the words "mcoov studios," it rips, and that's where the underscore comes from.

Mindgame just used a black T-Shirt, and he said it worked well.

Yechi Hamelech!

Interesting and intriguing.

Sometimes you need to be creative mcoov, like smeagol did in Unrew... ahh forget it ''his last movie'' he uses christmas lights for the resturant scene.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

No, he said that he tried, but that they flickered too much.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Really? I need to read the making-off again I think

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

just move your light's and stuff

Project Secret

I'm using black foam board and it's doing just fine. But lighting is key and can be a little tricky.

Script=15-20%                        Editing=0%                      Film: Lego SAW           
Props and Set=65-70%            Mastering=0%                 
Animation=5-10%                                                          Upcoming Film: God of War
Voice-over=0%                       Complete=17%

I actually just remember a black expanse I made in one of my films, I build a huge wall out of black plates and a black shell of a sleepingbag to fill up the rest. I have a photo of the set-up:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Manschotmovies/BTS/ht2-4.jpg

Bastetta, why did you use such.... reflective materials for your black expanse? And besides, that sleeping bag is green.

Or is the QC4000 so crappy that it won't catch any of that?

Gojira wrote:

Bastetta, why did you use such.... reflective materials for your black expanse? And besides, that sleeping bag is green.

Or is the QC4000 so crappy that it won't catch any of that?

Because that was my only solution at that time, we didn't have any black paper or board in the house so I had to use that. And with the right lighting and fast shutterspeed I managed to get a perfectly black background, as long as you don't point any lights at the background it won't reflect that much.
The sleeping bag might look green in the picture, but it's really black.

And no the quickcam isn't crappy, I have a better camera now though. mini/tongue

yeah I know what your talking about bastetta I did ths one's and it work

Project Secret