Topic: Film Directory Suggestions

I think that some minor changes would be a good thing for our precious directory. Feel free to reject, but I ask that you take these things into consideration.

-Age Group Setting to specify what age group the film would be best for.
-Contest Winner Info. If a film placed well in an official BiM contest, it should say it on the film page.
-Suggestive Themes. Have it work like the violence and swearing meter, but for drugs and alcohol use in the film.
-Higher Chances of being recommended. There are some films that tons of people love, but then its given a 4 overall and sent to the darkest depths of the internetz. Base the recommendation on how many members like it, AND quality.

Once again, feel free to shoot any of these down, I'm just trying to help. mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Re: Film Directory Suggestions

Regarding your last point, reviewers, well, review things. You're not always going to agree with us, but that's how it goes. If you feel a huge injustice has been done, we may be able to get a second opinion. If a certain reviewer is consistently unfair, PM Smeagol.

Peanut wrote:

-Suggestive Themes. Have it work like the violence and swearing meter, but for drugs and alcohol use in the film.

There's already a rating meter in the directory. If it doesn't include what is in your film, add it in the comments/forum post section.

Jargon wrote:

If a certain reviewer is consistently unfair, PM Smeagol.

Or Noodle, who's also in charge of the review panel nowadays.

The "suggestive themes" thing is something I've thought about because there are things that don't really fit into the ratings that are still objectionable to some, but I think it makes more sense to just specify them.

Lists of contest wins are something we've wanted to integrate since the beginning, but the development to-do list is getting done rather slowly right now so it's admittedly not high on the priority list.

The age groups are a tougher issue, though I do plan to revise the system eventually so that you can 'hide' films above or below certain content rating levels.  Again it's something that's been on the to-do list but we're low on programmers and such so these things are taking a while.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

So you guys have already been working on this stuff. Well, at least I tried. mini/XD

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Good ideas, Peanut mini/smile

I have two questions:

Some new movies that have been classified in''All Movies'', do not have notes. Why???

Several brickfilms (as my Mr Bad Frame, for example), were not classified, but some more recent movies are reviewed (Like The Dandelion, The Gardener, Bike ect.).
It's because my movie is more difficult to be reviewed?

Last edited by Loïc F-B (September 3, 2010 (04:57pm))

I'm not sure how many times we have to say this... films that don't receive a "recommended" status don't get a written review. (Nor have they ever.) The only exceptions are films the reviewer was going to recommend, then reconsidered after typing something up.

A film's length also factors into the amount of time a film remains in the queue. "Mr. Bad Frame" is much longer than the other films you've listed, so it makes sense that reviewers were able to knock out your shorter submissions out first.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Noodle wrote:

I'm not sure how many times we have to say this... films that don't receive a "recommended" status don't get a written review. (Nor have they ever.) The only exceptions are films the reviewer was going to recommend, then reconsidered after typing something up.

A film's length also factors into the amount of time a film remains in the queue. "Mr. Bad Frame" is much longer than the other films you've listed, so it makes sense that reviewers were able to knock out your shorter submissions out first.

Yeah, it's logic mini/smile Thanks for your reply.