Topic: Problem with Baseplate

So, I recently bought a new table and I use it to animate on. I put my base plate (48x48) on the table and to keep it from moving about, I put tape on the outsides. However, when I'm in the middle of filming, with my lights being so hot and such, the baseplate "bubbles" up and it's pretty irritating. Do any of you have any idea of how to fix this? Here's a picture of what I have now, I just re-taped it to the table and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But I'll let you know.

PunBB bbcode test

Re: Problem with Baseplate

It bubbles? mini/eek

Well, you probably need to film in a cooler location, because chances are, you are making your animation room a sauna. try to get a cooler light, and make the air circulate in the room. Maybe even move your location.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Energy saving light bulbs tend to be cooler in my experience. You could open a window but you might risk letting a load of moths in if you film at night.
The plastic does expand in hot conditions but bubbling lego sounds like a really bad situation. I'm no expert but i think plastics boiling point is much higher than your body can tolerate. you are using standard desk lamps and not like a 2000 watt light right?

Haha. Oh my, I think I miss spoke. The plastic on the baseplate doesn't bubble, it's just that underneath the baseplate it seems that there is an "air-bubble" that moves all the pieces upward. But that sounds good, my lights are burning hot when I accidentally bump my arm on them. I used to film with three halogen desk lamps but there is no place in my town that sells it. Do you have any suggestions?

I've had that problem! It doesn't happen with smaller baseplates though, I don't think. try animating on those, use a brand brand brand new baseplate, or if your set is at one end, weigh the plate down so it doesn't so that thing.

mini/smile

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab56/Lighthouse_Productions/Layer1_0095-Copy.png?t=1270071517
Website | Pie Island Status: 88% complete

Wrap that tape around to that its double sided (if you know what I mean) then stick it underneath, in the center. As in tape the center down on to the table. Get a portable fan.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile