Topic: iMovie fps help

I use iMovie for my films, but I need to know how to find the fps settings.
If I try to change the individual pictures' length, the shortest I can make them is
0.1 seconds long... which is only 10 fps. Secondly, how do I animate differently so that
when I do make my movies 15 fps, they aren't too fast? (Meaning, it looks like a character is
running when he is supposed to be walking.) Any help is appreciated! (Also, if you know how
to work framebyframe and are patient enough to teach me, please PM me!)

-nate13545

"I caught you a delicious bass."

-Napoleon Dynamite

Re: iMovie fps help

I've been using imovie HD for all my fimlimg and I change the fps by right clicking the picture on the storyline then click on "get info" in the bar that pops up.  After that you should be able to change the fps for that picture.

-PirateGuy

Failure is always an option - Adam Savage

@Pirate Guy,
When I right click on the picture, no "get info" selection is on the bar... mini/confused
Also, I need to know how to set a certain fps for the project, and then change the
individual ones. mini/dizzy I can't figure it out.

"I caught you a delicious bass."

-Napoleon Dynamite

Check it out, the newbies are trading tips for animating in iMovie.

This just made my day.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

To set the fps for all the pictures that you are importingyou need to highlight all the pictures on the side of your imovie window.  Once your done that dont drag it into your storyline.  A little window should pop up in the top left of your imovie screen and in that window you can set the speed for all the pictures you want to import.

Hope this helps:)

Don't use iMovie to animate, try StopMojo.

Google it.

Last edited by Splodge (August 11, 2010 (06:09am))

whats wrong with imovie?

It's like animating with Windows Movie maker, you put all your frames in, then you make them go fast! You'd be better off using something like StopMojo or iStopMotion (which is money), then you wouldn't even have this problem.

framebyframe FTW

Used to be 'Caidence'

im sticking with imovie.  i might buy istopmotion at some point but i dont have any problems with imovie so thats what i use and will continue using