Topic: blue screen green screen help?

hello cool people who toke the time to read this thread, im having a problem with my blue screen, wait let me explain.
im using a program called cinegobs its a free keying program, it lets you chose any color for like the backround screen thing.

anyway i tried it out it worked but most of my base plate is blue probably due to the lighting and when i try to put a picture for the backround almost the whole picture is turned into that picture.... i thought i should mess with my lighting but the light still bounces off onto the minifig and baseplate giving it a really wierd blue

any thoughts?  mini/confused

Re: blue screen green screen help?

How far away from the blue screen are your minifigs? And how high are your lights?

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

i would say 8 inches from the desk and like 10 studs from the screen

Could you show us an example of how it looks?

oh forget it! i wont use it then

... what? He's trying to help you mini/confused

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

T.G-Tom wrote:

... what? He's trying to help you mini/confused

no no no not him i just giving up on the whole thing i aint gonna get it mini/sad

No wonder it's not working. Having the background only 10 studs from the minifigs is WAY too close. Try 10 inches. The background needs to be as far from the minifigs as possible, or you're going to get some nasty reflections.

As far as some general advice, check this thread out, as well as the links I posted there. I wouldn't give up just yet.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

If you have a good enough solid colour, I would suggest reducing the threshold so that the keyer only keys out a smaller spectrum of colour.
Mind you, I don't know if CineGobs has that option- I use After Effects.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

Yes, CineGobs does have an option to reduce the threshold. But from personal experience, even if you have a great solid color with almost no change whatsoever in the shade, if you reduce the threshold, you get WAY less of your color keyed out. There's huge hunks of your screen that are still there and are not keyed out properly. While CineGobs is great (because it's free), it's no match for a program like After Effects (again, I know this from personal experience, having both programs.)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

I find it's best to back-light the screen; I use a blue cloth and set a light behind it. For best lighting, placing it near a window on an overcast day seems to work great.

Fresh ideas, fresh people: HJ Media Studios.