Topic: Removing Shake From Lego Video

I've created a couple of lego videos before but had really bad camera movement issues. I though I would fix that by taping down the set to my desk and mounting the camera on a tripod, but I still have a bit of camera shake in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUV-fnGFTdo. What else can I do to reduce the camera shake? The low video quality helped to reduce how bad it looked, its a bit worse in higher quality. Thanks

Re: Removing Shake From Lego Video

Are you using a capture program like MonkeyJam, AnimatorDV, Heliumfrog, or are you actually taking the picture with the camera. If so, that's your problem. See if your camera is compatible with a capture program in The Free Software List thread, here .

Welcome to Bricks in Motion, realmichael! \o/ \o/ \o/

Was this made with a digital camera, and do you have to press the little capture button on the camera to take a picture? In that case, it might be good to have a timer on so that the picture will be taken a few seconds after you've pressed the button. Even a tiny movement like pressing a button on the camera can lead to the camera being "out of place" for a fraction of an inch. Pressing the button and giving the camera a second to return to its "standard position" helps a lot more than you might think.

In any case, try to stay away from touching the camera as much as possible. Every time you even lay a finger on it, there's a chance it might have moved.

Hope to have helped you out, and enjoy your stay here! mini/smile

- BertL

thanks so much for both of those suggestions! i have a webcam that i'm debating using, it would be eaiser than my camera, but much lower quality so i might use the delay feature. I've done the delay thing before, I can't believe i forgot about that. Thanks Guys!

you could build a rig for your camera outa lego and put it on your desk or whatever you animate on thats what most of us do or get a capture program to capture frames from the computer (tri pods dont work)  mini/confused