Re: Closed: Gun Shot Tutorial!

Its good that your making a tutorial but personally I already knew how to do this, and lets be honest so did everyone else. I mean if you are unable to figure out how to do a gun shot on your own without the help of a tutorial, then brick filming really isn't the right thing for you. One of the other irritating things about this tutorial is you are patronising to people by telling them how to save that rather bad muzzle flash of yours, I am pretty shore everyone can save an image.
So lets say some 8 year old goes on google and types 'brick film gunshot tutorial' then this page comes up first. To him this tutorial wont even make sense. You need to list what software you used (preferably freeware) and you should also say that its unfinished at the bottom. And perhaps use Dogs muzzle flash rather than your own.
I am not having a go, I am just trying to help you improve this tutorial.

Tdogg, stop being such a pessimist. I'm truly tired of how your arrogant attitude is affecting the forums. I mean, so someone contributes a tutorial to BiM. That doesn't give you a right to completely attempt to scold him like he's some 6 year old.  Also: ' I mean if you are unable to figure out how to do a gun shot on your own without the help of a tutorial, then brick filming really isn't the right thing for you.' You are sadly mistaken. Do directors in movies know how to do makeup? Do they know how to edit? Hmm? All people need help sometimes, so if you don't have something constructive to say, just be quiet.

You are not trying to improve this tutorial, by the way. You're trying to make skwizitanee look like a dumbass. Guess that backfired.

Persist.

MOL wrote:

Tdogg, stop being such a pessimist. I'm truly tired of how your arrogant attitude is affecting the forums. I mean, so someone contributes a tutorial to BiM. That doesn't give you a right to completely attempt to scold him like he's some 6 year old.  Also: ' I mean if you are unable to figure out how to do a gun shot on your own without the help of a tutorial, then brick filming really isn't the right thing for you.' You are sadly mistaken. Do directors in movies know how to do makeup? Do they know how to edit? Hmm? All people need help sometimes, so if you don't have something constructive to say, just be quiet.

You are not trying to improve this tutorial, by the way. You're trying to make skwizitanee look like a dumbass. Guess that backfired.

Amen.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

MOL wrote:

Thanks MOL!

And that Kids, is how Spalshes get pwned.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

TDogg186 wrote:

Its good that your making a tutorial but personally I already knew how to do this.

How is that trying to help him improve the tutorial?

TDogg186 wrote:

One of the other irritating things about this tutorial is you are patronising to people by telling them how to save that rather bad muzzle flash of yours, I am pretty shore everyone can save an image.
So lets say some 8 year old goes on google and types 'brick film gunshot tutorial' then this page comes up first. To him this tutorial wont even make sense.

How is he supposed to make it suitable for youngsters, without it sounding patronising to older and more experienced brickfilmers?

if you want him to improve then tell him where to, not point out its flaws without decent corrective advice.
But the bottom half of the paragraph was fine.=]

MOL wrote:

I will be blunt about it, this tutorial has been done 100 times before I don't see the point in doing it again. If your going to do it again, do it well and not just put a shoddy doodle over a minifiger. Now if you don't mind the most important week of my life starts tomorrow and I have some revision to be doing.

TDogg186 wrote:

I will be blunt about it, this tutorial has been done 100 times before I don't see the point in doing it again. If your going to do it again, do it well and not just put a shoddy doodle over a minifiger. Now if you don't mind the most important week of my life starts tomorrow and I have some revision to be doing.

Our points exactly.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

TDogg186 wrote:

Hm.. Me too.

Could a Mod close this topic?

Last edited by Oromis-elda (June 6, 2010 (01:43pm))

Why?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Close this forum LOL mini/XD you mean topic right? I hope.... mini/eek

-Tejas VIM

Why have you changed the name to closed?

Because A mod can come by and close it.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png