Topic: Filming: Crowds of Minifigures

Hello, guys.

Recently, I tried filming a crowd of minifigures. It turned out to be very hard and aggravating. The result was a bunch of minifigures shaking and raising their arms. (Actually, only one of them was raising an arm. mini/tongue)

So I wondered if you guys have any tips on filming crowds of minifigures...
If you do, please tell. mini/tongue

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: Filming: Crowds of Minifigures

I'm not well versed in this technique, but knowledge can be gleaned from this video. Hope this helps!

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/BiM%20Signature/BiMbubbles.png
Latest video: splat.

Re: Filming: Crowds of Minifigures

UniLego wrote:

I'm not well versed in this technique, but knowledge can be gleaned from this video. Hope this helps!

Thats a good tip Unilego, I would make sure the two main characters would stand out from the rest of the crowd, Like keep them focused and the rest of the crowed kind of blurred and unfocused. Also this depends on your camera position too. If you want a REALLY big crowd such as in Smeagol's film "Archimedes", you will have to use CGI as he did. You might want to make the rest of the crowd have conversations with other people in the crowd or such, or just do daily life jobs such as "Steve" in FP's "The Game" mini/tongue (He's the guy in the start getting money or calling someone). After doing that you should be good to go!

-Tejas VIM