Re: The Animation Challenge

Has anyone else here actually tried a spin-kick themselves? I copied my minifig's exact movements and I could only do it about half the speed. That's a shame.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Splash Studios wrote:

You're really good for a beginner. Well done. I loved the smug look on his face when he took him down mini/tongue

My entry is here. Watch in HD if you dare. mini/tongue

You have a bit of ghosting/motion blur effect there buddy, looked nice, you should have eased in a bit more so it looked more smoother and had the duration.

-Tejas VIM

VIMStudios wrote:
Splash Studios wrote:

You're really good for a beginner. Well done. I loved the smug look on his face when he took him down mini/tongue

You have a bit of ghosting/motion blur effect there buddy, looked nice, you should have eased in a bit more so it looked more smoother and had the duration.

-Tejas VIM

thats from monkey jam it does that when the minifigure moves

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

legozard1 wrote:
VIMStudios wrote:
Splash Studios wrote:

-Tejas VIM

All stop motion animators do that.

Ark11 wrote:
legozard1 wrote:
VIMStudios wrote:

-Tejas VIM

All stop motion animators do that.

I think its the settings on the qck9000, because I used the 4000 on MJ and it worked fine, (I was using MJ for about two years so I know what I'm talking about mini/tongue )

I love white expanses, they make editing that much easier. mini/delirium
My entry.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/BiM%20Signature/BiMbubbles.png
Latest video: splat.

I made a short little entry, nothing special though.

legozard1 wrote:

here my entry there's better but im a begginer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE845fXHn-0

Not bad! A bit slow but definently not bad mini/wink (By the way, remeber me on YouTube. my name there is loophunt.

Sometimes life takes over life - vik

That wasn't half bad leozard1. It seemed a bit jumpy though try applying some principles from this

Ta-Da! I had another attempt, but it turned into more of a round house kick than a spin heel.

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

It seems a few of you guys don't get what a spin heel kick is. You're making the minifig spin too far and hitting with the wrong leg, or making him jump in the wrong direction, turning it into a 360 round kick instead of a spin heel or even a 360 spin heel.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Ohhhhhh...

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

The sound of understanding. Nothing like it.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I tried to upload my entry, but youtube keeps on !@#$ with the sound. It's so retarted. Hopefully it will fix it soon...

EDIT: HALLELUJAH. Here's my entry. Take pity on me, I haven't animated for 5 months... Entry.

Last edited by MOL (April 4, 2010 (06:39pm))

Persist.

BrickLord, I also think the theme wasn't very clear. Not a lot of us know what a spin heel kick is, so we just think "the person kicks someone after doing a 360 jump." We don't know what the right leg to hit them with is.

That may have been why he gave us a reference video?

Persist.

If you want to get technical, spin side kicks are impossible to recreate with LEGO minifigures, as proper kicks require a chamber before the actual extension (bend knee then kick). I'd actually like to see a large LEGO figure do a kick...

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Oi vey.

Persist.

Peanut Studios wrote:

Ta-Da! I had another attempt, but it turned into more of a round house kick than a spin heel.

Detected a lazy animator mini/lol
http://i43.tinypic.com/29axkli.jpg

ブリックフィルマー

NXTManiac wrote:

If you want to get technical, spin side kicks are impossible to recreate with LEGO minifigures, as proper kicks require a chamber before the actual extension (bend knee then kick). I'd actually like to see a large LEGO figure do a kick...

Um, no. I said spin heel kicks, not spin side. Total difference. You don't chamber for a spin hell kick.

deviantART | YouTube