Re: The Animation Challenge

OK everyone, I have watched every entry carefully and I have now made up my mind as to who won the Moonwalk Minichallenge.

And the winner is...

filmyguy

DUNN DUN DUNNNNN (surprised?)

Congratulations, filmyguy. Your entry was awesome, but could use improvement IMO. Such as a little more of a pause of the legs between steps. But other than that, great job. mini/smile

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Good job, Filmyguy.

I had a whole manuscript written up for a short film called 'The origins of the moonwalk', but couldn't get it finished in time. In fact, I just started animating last night, but didn't get it finished. Here is the manuscript. Should I attempt to finish it?

The moonwalk (Or backslide as some call it), is a dance move created by Michael Jackson, and was first performed by him in the performance of Billie Jean, on March 25, 1983. This move quickly transformed into Jackson's signature move, and now is one of the greatest,
most popular dance techniques in the world. The moonwalk presents the illusion that the dancer is being pulled back while trying to walk forward. It is performed by the following: First, the leg being pulled up moves the leg behind it back and transfers the weight on to it. The leg with weight
on it goes up, and the opposite lag is drawn back in turn. This repeats. Variations of the moonwalk allows the performer to appear to glide forward, sideways, and if done correctly, even in a circle. This move, was apparently inspired by the way Jackson saw the men on the moon seemingly gliding across the surface with ease. It is now one of the most well-known dance  moves of the Century, along with the worm, the spinal tap, and many other famous techniques. Michael Jackson passed on June 25, 2009. He will never be forgotten.

Persist.

Great job filmyguy! It was really good IMO, BTW could I know which place I got in Bricklord? It would be very helpful mini/smile

-Tejas VIM Studios

Last edited by VIMStudios (March 28, 2010 (12:08pm))

Will there be another minichallenge?

Perhaps, if you guys really want one. And VIM, I may release 2nd and 3rd places tomorrow, if my internet is working. Right now a thing called Fair Access is turned on, which means my internet speed is down to 1/3 and won't be turned off until sometime within 20-24 hours. And with 1/3 speed I can barely load basic forums pages, much less watch videos.  Any of you who have Hughes Net as your service provider know what a pain in the ass that is.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Congrats, filmyguy. I was hoping to see entries that were more groundbreaking, as pretty much all the entries were simply backwards walks.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

BL, we all want one (i hope) so keep em comin!

Sajet (Tejas) VIM Studios

Yay! Filmyguy won! Can we give suggestions for the next minichallenge.

Awesome! Thanks, guys. I'm really liking these mini-challenges, it really makes you want to improve. It actually made me make two videos. mini/tongue
Hope to see more mini-challenges. mini/smile

filmyguy wrote:

Hope to see more mini-challenges. mini/smile

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

*weep* Results arent out.
BTW Bricklord what happened to your youtube account?

-Tejas VIM Studios

Results are out. Filmyguy won.

No I meant the 2nd and 3rd place ones.

Right now a thing called Fair Access is turned on, which means my internet speed is down to 1/3 and won't be turned off until sometime within 20-24 hours. And with 1/3 speed I can barely load basic forums pages, much less watch videos.  Any of you who have Hughes Net as your service provider know what a pain in the ass that is.

(Again)

deviantART | YouTube

Right now a thing called Fair Access is turned on, which means my internet speed is down to 1/3 and won't be turned off until sometime within 20-24 hours. And with 1/3 speed I can barely load basic forums pages, much less watch videos.  Any of you who have Hughes Net as your service provider know what a pain in the ass that is.

(Again)

Crap.

Just a suggestion:
Maybe someone else, like filmyguy, could do a minichallenge thing for the time being if he wants to, seeing as he won the last one.

Umm, I'll discuss that with Fancypants. However, I don't think we wanted to run this like the Name That Frame contest.

deviantART | YouTube

Look, if you don't want to do it, then there's no need to discuss it. It was just a suggestion.

When will the next minichallenge be??????????

One day for every question mark in that sentence of yours, Ark11.

deviantART | YouTube